I have had to do some filling on my Jester. ( Gelcoat Body )
I phoned up my local car paint suppler and said I was after yellow in colour I have a panel but no paint code can you
scan it to get a match. They tried both scan guns from two major paint brands nothing not even a near colour match.
The only other choice the paint suppler said was to repaint the full car.
This cant be the first time this has happened is it.
Anybody no the the paint code to this yellow.
Paint code
-
Edd
- Posts: 530
- Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:25 pm
Re: Paint code
"Sylva kit cars (such as the Sylva Striker and Leader) did not use a single standardized or named automotive paint code for their yellow components. Because they were supplied as lightweight, home-built kit cars featuring unpainted fiberglass bodies with a self-colored gel coat or powder-coated chassis/suspension parts, the exact shade of yellow depended on whatever standard polyester pigment paste or generic primary yellow tint the builder or Jeremy Phillips' workshop sourced at the time"
You might be out of luck!
Edd
You might be out of luck!
Edd
Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest