How big is your can?

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

How big is your can?

Postby pigeondave » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:26 am

I've been wondering about my exhaust and although being loud does give the car the hooligan sound it deserves, being a tad quieter might be better.

So the question is, what diameter is your silencer?
I'm talking Fury here. I don't want to cut the side pod and I don't want some bespoke wedge shape thing. I'm looking for feed back on what sizes fit in a standard Fury side pod.

Many thanks

Dave

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: How big is your can?

Postby adithorp » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:01 pm

My old one was 5"x 30" That started out as a 5x24 (guess that what yours was) but i extended it a bit to get the max I could.

5" is about as big as you can go without being very tight at the back end of the pod. I've seen 6" and they were either virtually touching the pod or required a cut-out.

Think you need to put pictures up of how you came to be considering this.... :lol:

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:48 am

What, and mention that I managed all of Tour of The Alps (actually Pyrenees this time) apart from the last mile or so, when you get to the high fences at Calais and this bit falls off and some how stays in the side pod until I get to pass port control. Where its then wiggled out?

We'd do better to talk about how BEC are not good for long journeys, and that they are hard work (to keep up with) on the road.

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Actually it was 5miles that the sparks were flying as it dangled on the tarmac.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”