Fury and JK composites seats

Post your "For Sale" or "Wanted" ads here. No commercial sales please.
tims31
Name: Martin

Fury and JK composites seats

Postby tims31 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi,

I am looking to change my Cobra seven seats for a pair of JK composite seats but don't seem to be getting very far when speaking to them about the best ones to get that will fit the narrow Fury interior.

I have the dropped floor pan on the drivers side and would like to mount the drivers seat on runners if possible and fix mount the passenger side.

The drivers side on the Cobra seats is on runners and sits me too high in the car really so looking to drop down the base.

1. Could someone tell me the seats that I need from them ( They do have a Fury one pictured on their website but no real details). They seem to have 'Seven' seats and Fury ones

2. How have you mounted yours and have you mounted on runners. Have you mounted on the base of the seat or on the JK composite base mount?

3. Do you find you have more leg room as the seats lift the back of your legs up?

What have others fitted please, a lot of cash to splash out with a big potential for getting it wrong and they don't seem to be able to help.

BLing
Name: BLing

Re: Fury and JK composites seats

Postby BLing » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi Martin,

I have the http://www.jkcomposites.com/sevens/ Striker N3541 in my Fury. Very happy with them although they did take a few months to arrive…

Mine are the "flange mount" and sit directly on the floor. They are mounted via the front lip and brackets to the rear bulkhead.

I've got a 30mm aluminium box section under the front edge just to angle the seat a bit more, that gave me the best position in respect to the wheel, pedals and windscreen.

tims31

Postby tims31 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Great, that's just what I need to know. Did you have any problem with the seat and the support bar that comes down from the roll bar and also do they have the cut outs for the lap belts as the picture on their website doesn't show them?

Also, could you take a few pictures of your install just so I can see how y u have mounted them and do you find they are low enough. The Cobra seats I currently have put me too high up I find.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions

BLing
Name: BLing

Postby BLing » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:52 pm

No problem,

The seats clear the roll bar support bar but it's close the first couple of pics should give you an idea.

As standard the seats come with 4 holes for a standard 3/4 point harness. Others holes are optional.

As I don't have the base mounts the bowl shaped bottom of the seat sits on the floor. I've put some 3mm foam between so you are only about 6mm above the floor. I'm now looking through the centre of the screen.

I've only put the drivers seat in so far my old ones look like Intatrim, I'm now sitting around 40mm lower. The last picture shows my brother and I in the car, we are both around the same height 5'10". The car is on a hill which emphases it even more.

As I've only fitted one so far you're welcome to test fit the other one in your car if you fancy a road trip, as I'm near Dartford :-)

Cheers,

Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tims31

Postby tims31 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Excellent, Just what I needed. Thanks very much for the info BLing

MarcW
Name: Marc W.

Postby MarcW » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi Martin,

could you please reupload the pictures? The provided links are no longer valid.
I am in the same spot as Tims31.

cheers
Marc

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”