phoenix windscreen

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
qwerty_100
Name: Kevin Sydes

phoenix windscreen

Postby qwerty_100 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi All
Wondered If any one on here has ever fitted a full screen to a mk4/phoenix if so which one did you use and how did it look . Also thinking of putting a cage on to go around the screen only thoughts for winter project at the moment. Thought of selling phoenix and buying a Fury but have got the car engine and suspension wise how I like it. I use a crash helmet for motorways and long trips at the moment but for nice country ride outs a screen would be nice .
Cheers
Kev

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: phoenix windscreen

Postby jeffw » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Lee Champion mocked up a Phoenix with a screen and it looked odd really. You'll need wipers and washers as well and something to hold the screen in place.

peter030371
Name: Peter Smith

Postby peter030371 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Didn't Mark Fisher do a Phoenix/ Fury hybrid once? I am sure that had a Fury screen section bonded in.
Editor of 'The Proper Job'

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Are you thinking of Tim Mann, who had a silver Fury with a phoenix rear?

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:11 pm

JP made a removable frame and screen for the J15 so it should be possible for the Phoenix.

I think Champions effort looked odd because it jig sawed off a Fury along with a section of scuttle top and gaffer taped on. It was never going to look elegant.

qwerty_100

Postby qwerty_100 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:06 am

Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies I have spoken to David McBean at Sylva who was extremely helpful. I think the first step would be to try and get a screen surround and sit it on the car to see if it looks ok. If all good take the phoenix up to him and get his fiberglass people to make a mould but as ever if anyone can think of any other ideas they would be most welcome.
Cheers
Kev

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:51 am

Buy a Fury with a screen instead? Much simpler and you will end up with basically the same thing.

qwerty_100

Postby qwerty_100 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Thanks Jeff
There is a part of me that is saying the same thing but I have spent a fair bit in getting the car to were I want it and she is not finished so that stubborn part of me comes out also I know the issues with this car and do not really want to start again. On a different note how the claim coming along I was gutted for you when I read about your car and trailer hope all goes as you wish thanks again.Kev

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”