Bit of Unashamed Puff for the Striker

For any motorsport activities
David
Name: David Hussey

Bit of Unashamed Puff for the Striker

Postby David » Wed May 11, 2016 6:38 pm

For those interested, at the HCA&AC sprint at Debden on Sunday, Chris beat me -- nothing unusual there.

But . . . . he was also fastest road-going car overall, beating the three other people in class A7 (road-going kit-cars up to 1700cc) and all twelve in Class A8 (road-going kit-cars over 1700cc). These included three Westies and seven "proper Sevens" including R400 and R500.

Also, for those taken by such nerdy things, the first, second, third and fourth road-going kits were all shod with Avon ZZS tyres. Not remotely statistically relevant, but indicative nonetheless.

Also, for those for those who can stomach even more nerdy things, scrutineering of ROPS was non-existent; all sorts of non-compliant hardware was passed without comment.
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Re: Bit of Unashamed Puff for the Striker

Postby RobMsport » Wed May 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Wow , a brilliant drive from Chris then David :P

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Wed May 11, 2016 7:14 pm

I don't even want to start ranting about non-compliant ROPS....

Well done to both you and Chris, I was amazed at the time of that Caterham in B10, only 0.8 secs of Pete Gouldings FTD time. Shame I couldn't make it.....

How are the ZZS tyres then?

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Wed May 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Jeff

Chris -- who was going rather faster than I -- liked the ZZSs. They definitely don't have the "slick-like" grip of the ZZRs, but he thinks they are much more progressive (along the lines of ACB10s "as was").

He is in the process of doing a data comparison on those parts of the circuit which were unchanged from last October. Our only differences being ZZR vs ZZS and a tiny bit more circuit knowledge. Will report back if anything looks noteworthy.

Rob -- yes, he was trying (especially to beat Stephen Laing!).
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

Return to “Motorsport”