Pesky Westfields

For any motorsport activities
David
Name: David Hussey

Pesky Westfields

Postby David » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:52 pm

For the info of those who sprint against the Westies.

The first draft of the WSCC Speed Series regs for next year has list 1c tyres permissible for all cars featuring driver aids, such as launch control, flat shift, etc. Whilst 1b tyres will be permissible in those classes, the target times will be those set on super soft ZZRs and V70as -- ergo, as things currently stand, we should expect to see Messrs Goulding, Clinton-Watkins, etc. Competing on the day in ModSpecProd.
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Pesky Westfields

Postby jeffw » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:41 pm

Not sure I follow.

1C tyres are allowed in ModSpecProd anyway, regardless of driver aids.

I suspect Pete may well be running his Mygale next year.

David

Postby David » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:55 am

Think you are right about Pete -- but he hasn't sold his white Westie (only his V8).

Point is that next year drivers with "aids" in the Westie championship will be allowed only in classes which allow 1c tyres, and that, in those classes the target times will be derived from 1c performances. Therefore, as for those people the WSCC Speed Series is their primary championship, we can expect to see the fast boys on 1c tyres. Ergo, the faster Westies will probably be running in ModSpecProd next year, not in road-going.
Summa summarum -- more pots for the others remaining in road-going.

If I go MSA next year (with all that that entails) I'll be on 1Bs on road-going.

David

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:44 pm

I'm just investigating the ROPS replacement and maybe new bodywork. Need to start thinking about running Avon ZZS tyres.

PumaWestie
Name: John Loudon

Postby PumaWestie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Im a little confused as to what you are complaining about David? Is it because you will be in the same event class as Westfields with so called driver aids in mod prod but on 1c tyres rather than slicks?

I doubt ACW wlll be out next year as his car is still a ball of snot and only WSCC classes E and F can use driver aids anyway. This means you are concerned about people in class E given your engine size but who is there in there ?

FWIW I am contemplating slicks given the roadgoing tyre situation

John

David

Postby David » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:28 am

Hi John

Not complaining at all. Merely letting people know that many of the faster Westies ( defo including you in that ) will likely be found in ModSpecProd rather than road-going next year.

Personally, if I go MSA next year, I'll think I'll stay in road-going -- probably on ZZS. Guy and I had a couple of seasons on V70a medium compound a few years ago, and it wasn't too bad ( not as much fun as ZZR, but much better than 1a ). So I reckon I can do it again.

All best

David

Return to “Motorsport”