ROPS changes for 2016

For any motorsport activities
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: ROPS changes for 2016

Postby jeffw » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:46 pm

I'm sure it is special ;)

Actually mine started as a Striker....

As to the competition in Road-Going, if we all move to Mod then the competition remains the same.

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:44 pm

jeffw wrote:I'm sure it is special ;)

Actually mine started as a Striker....

As to the competition in Road-Going, if we all move to Mod then the competition remains the same.

I was just about to say that don't RAW offer the upgrade of the phoenix from a striker?

and yes if you all move then it will be the same crowd as before just something else to moan about for a change :lol:

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:56 am

Had an email from Dave Whyman(ACSMC Champ co-ordinator)telling me he's having a meeting with the MSA specifically around the issues most of us are p---d off about the 2016 regs. He'll be in touch after that :roll:

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:00 pm

Agog :?
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:16 pm

RobMsport wrote:Had an email from Dave Whyman(ACSMC Champ co-ordinator)telling me he's having a meeting with the MSA specifically around the issues most of us are p---d off about the 2016 regs. He'll be in touch after that :roll:

I doubt Dave's meeting will tell us anything we do not already know, from reading other forums it looks like its a done deal to all extent.

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:31 pm

dopdog wrote:
RobMsport wrote:Had an email from Dave Whyman(ACSMC Champ co-ordinator)telling me he's having a meeting with the MSA specifically around the issues most of us are p---d off about the 2016 regs. He'll be in touch after that :roll:

I doubt Dave's meeting will tell us anything we do not already know, from reading other forums it looks like its a done deal to all extent.

True , I don't expect much from his efforts but he may clarify the position with the Alfa GTAm replica which , on the face of it , doesn't comply with A4 or would be competitive in B10. He thinks that unless there were objections from other competitors then the scutes would be happy , going by the entries this year , several not being ' standard '. At least I might be competing in something :?

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:56 pm

I've just had a reply from Michael Duncan to say that if my Stylus was deemed eligible this season then it still will be in 2016 :o :o :o . Probably need to get this printed and kept with my log book to reassure any scrute believing otherwise . To be honest I'm gobsmacked :shock:
The AlfaGTAm would also be eligible in roadgoing according to him but I'm not entirely sure there'd be no objections , with it's arches/wide wheels etc. Just have to give it a go in the cheapest event next April(FDMC Dimanche Sprint £80 entry) then it won't be too expensive if thrown out.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:04 pm

You would mind forwarding the email correspondence. I'd like to see the context of this decision.

Return to “Motorsport”