Announcements - AGM Report

Edd

Announcements - AGM Report

Postby Edd » Wed May 07, 2014 9:29 am

Hi All,
Just a brief report from the AGM on Sunday.
Thanks to all who came, I summarise the discussions below but as normal it was quite informal, the main thrust is to keep the JPSC open and transparent in all things.
1. Pete reported we have much money in the bank as we are failing to spend it!
2. In light of the above we are suspending renewal fees effective immediately and dropping joining fees to £5. This to be reveiwed each year at the AGM.
3. Pete announced he is standing down as Chairman, but is remaining as Treasurer for now. I would like to thank Pete for the last few years as Chairman.
4. Reluctantly, as no-one else has shown an interest, I have agreed to take over as head of the JPSC, the word Chairman doesn't sound right to me for what we do but we'll come up with a suitable 'moniker' in time.
5. Some discussion about the forum/chat list took place:-
i. The plan is to move the forum to the same home as the website.
ii. To reduce the amount of 'topic' areas in the forum i.e. events/overseas trips can be merged.
iii. To look at ways of integrating closer the chat list and the forum without denigrating either and causing duplication, this may be quite a challenge!
iv. To look at the possibility of a sub class on Locostbuilders forum, possibly with a donation from the JPSC to 'grease' the wheels!
6. Possibility of a trackday in September at Blyton.

There will be more plans but I'll save it for the next Proper Job.

Thank you,
Edward Berresford, Pete, Matt and Dean.

Return to “JPSC Announcements”