Continental car tours

Le Mans ? Laon ? Talk about it here
PaulW7
Name: Paul Willetts

Continental car tours

Postby PaulW7 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:27 am

Has anyone been on one of Continental car tours trips recently? I think Mac and the old Sylva Register used them for Laon and Le Mans trips in days gone by?
I got my wife to Le Mans last year, which she really enjoyed, but the hoped for Alpine tour to follow lost out as she has tickets for Take That at Cardiff. But I have floated the idea again and she quite likes the look of Continental car tours "Mini"s to Monte Carlo. Anyone done this or similar run with them?

Edd

Re: Continental car tours

Postby Edd » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Only for Le Mans trip my first 2 years. I know they used to do Laon but were very expensive compared to Jim Gibletts trip and were inflexible when David Jacklin wanted to go from Germany he had to pay for a ferry he couldn't use!
Other than that they should be ok.
Edd.
PS. I'll tell you more at Le Mans next week.

Lee Champion
Name: Lee Champion

Postby Lee Champion » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:37 pm

I have a great CCT story.... A few years back we (with Elaine and several friends ) did the "Champage Tour"..... First up was a trackday at Folembray, and the CCT head guy (Johnathan Bowles) gave us the track saftety briefing at the hotel after breakfast to save time. Great, and he kept focusing on having to wear a crash helmet. Great, as when he and his wife ventured on track that day HE was wearing a Bob The Builder builder's yellow hard hat and his wife a pushbike foam one! I am not making that up I swear, what a spako! They were hauled off by the track staff needless to say, and he was the one charged with giving all the English saftery briefings!!!

Then the Champagne Tour bit and it gets better.... We followed him for 2 1/2 hours getting properly lost around Epinay but eventually we arrived at the champagne house where we were going to be treated to a tour and tasting session. Except it was closed. It was Easter Sunday after all. And the muppet had not bothered to check if the good Catholic French folk were open on Easter Sunday. THEN the tour headed for Reims where he was supposed to guide us for lunch. By this time he and his wife had palled up with a couple in a brand new BMW Z4 (at the time ) and we got the impression we were a hinderance to him now. So he shoved 12 of us in a poky budget restuarnt (they stuck us in the LOFT to eat ) and he told us there was an emergency at Dover and he had to blat 3 hours back up there immediately to sort it out. He said we would have to continue the rest of the tour alone, and just head towards Reims and the Piper Heidsink Champagne factory was cleary signposted from the motorway (!) . So he abandoned us. Strangely, the BMW couple dissapeared too. As we left our crappy lunch we drove around the town square and spotted him, his wife and BMW couple eating in a swanky resturant with their cars parked outside. Nice. After searching for 2 hours to find the Piper Heidsink factory (it was not signposted at all) we JUST made it before closing time. Guess who was at the front of the massive queue about to go in? Yes , Mr. CCT, his wife and BMW couple.

To my mind, after that trip, the guy is a total knob and I would hate to think what some of his tours are like. But maybe we were just unlucky. I doubt it, but maybe. Continental Car Tours........ :lol:

PaulW7
Name: Paul Willetts

Postby PaulW7 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:50 pm

Good story, there's nothing like good customer service.
We didn't go in the end, by the time we were in a position to book, the tour had been redefined as TR owners do the monte, with just 5 cars signed up, so we went to LeMans instead.

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Lee, I love your stories! Great stuff.
Edd.

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:16 am

What's the story/progress with the Phoenix Lee :?: I knew you had some damage but how is it now :?:

Return to “Overseas trips”