Le Mans 2015

Le Mans ? Laon ? Talk about it here
Edd

Le Mans 2015

Postby Edd » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi All,

Bit late this year but this is your call to book the 2015 Le Mans Trip! Details below:-

With Nissan joining the LMP1 party and Porsche entering its second year I think it’s going a hell of a race between Audi/Toyota/Porsche for overall honours! LMP2 and GT will be a fun as ever too! It’s a non-classic year too!

It appears that LD Lines have put 2 ferries back on the Newhaven-Dieppe crossing and put cheaper fares back on the menu so at the moment I am planning on going back to our favoured route.
The only other change is regards camping, as much as I love the Dutch and enjoy massively our unofficial partnership, the young-uns get a bit noisy and one option was to camp in the annexe but lower down and behind a hedge. Needs much discussion and I am happy to be told not to be a grumpy old man and go with it. I have to say earplugs are my best friend and do work!

Anyway, brief details for newbies out there who are thinking about joining.

Outbound.
Wednesday 10th June 2015
Newhaven-Dieppe 2300-0500 with Cabin
Thursday 11th June 2015
Drive to Spay campsite via quiet roads with coffee as soon as we find one off the ferry, then breakfast in Liseaux.
Set up and shop at Spay, then into circuit for last 2 qualifying sessions.
Friday 12th
Whatever you fancy! Great British welcome at St Saturnin/Pit Walk/Drivers Parade/Cordon Bleu BBQ with the aforementioned Dutch party.
Sat/Sun
The main event …..
Sunday Evening.
Normally a BBQ at the local pub!
Monday.
Drive back to Dieppe.
Two choices on return crossing:-
1. 2359 from Dieppe arriving 0400.
2. 1800 crossing arriving 2100.

Cost in the region of £150 per person based on 2 per car including Ferry/Race Tickets/Camping. All you need to pay for is Food and Fuel!

Let me know as soon as you can as will need to start booking cabins if any are left. I will need a deposit of £50 per car/person before I’ll book a ferry for you.

Many thanks
Edward Berresford.

Edd

Re: Le Mans 2015

Postby Edd » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi Guys,
Just a last call for Le Mans if you wish to join the usual mob as I need to book the ferries next week.
Get in touch if you need more details.
Edd

Return to “Overseas trips”