Classic Fury Light covers

Post your "For Sale" or "Wanted" ads here. No commercial sales please.
Edd

Classic Fury Light covers

Postby Edd » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:31 pm

See email below from Andy!!

Some years ago I made a tool for light covers for the Classic Fury bonnet.
Sales dropped off so I decided to stop making them and offer the tool to Steve at Fury. Although he agree in principle to buying them so he could them sell them this has never happened, I also asked some members of the Fury owners club at Stoneleigh a few years back if anybody was interested, it seemed not.
I still have the tools and over the past few years I have been asked to supply a set here and there. The problem is when vacuum forming a set there is a fairly high discard rate ( I don't like selling covers with ripples in them). If I have 10 sets made only 8 will probably be ok. So what I'm asking for is a number of potential customers to see if it's worth me making any more.

I used to sell the thin racing covers 1.5mm polycarbonate
or the more durable 2/3mm covers.
Prices will probably be around £30 +p&p for the racing sets and £60 + p&p for the others.
Either email me direct at andy.westgate@btinternet.com or contact me through the forum.
If there is enough serious interest I will look into having more made.
Cheers for now

furyrebuild
Name: Mark Prince

Re: Classic Fury Light covers

Postby furyrebuild » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi Edd

I'd be interested in a set of both please - thin and tough. I noticed at Stoneleigh a few guys had a nice clamping mechanism to hold them in - I was told to drill and screw, and I struggled with them cracking. Any advice to get past that would also be appreciated.

George_eorge
Name: George Robson

Postby George_eorge » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:23 am

Is it possible to get Le Mans bonnet light covers? Or classic bonnet only?

I've tried getting them from Steve, but waiting on enough orders for them to make another batch, which could take a while.

Alternatively does anyone have any used ones for sale?

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:29 pm

furyrebuild wrote:Hi Edd

I'd be interested in a set of both please - thin and tough. I noticed at Stoneleigh a few guys had a nice clamping mechanism to hold them in - I was told to drill and screw, and I struggled with them cracking. Any advice to get past that would also be appreciated.

You need to let Andy know via the email.
Edd

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:29 pm

George_eorge wrote:Is it possible to get Le Mans bonnet light covers? Or classic bonnet only?

I've tried getting them from Steve, but waiting on enough orders for them to make another batch, which could take a while.

Alternatively does anyone have any used ones for sale?

All, please read the email, you need to ask Andy.
Edd

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”