Winter project ?

Post your "For Sale" or "Wanted" ads here. No commercial sales please.
bwanadyk
Name: John Fenn

Winter project ?

Postby bwanadyk » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi all,

Just a reminder of the R1 engine I have for sale.

The original engine in my Phoenix developed a very slight tapping sound from the top end, accompanied by a little excess crankcase pressure.The experts all reckoned it was a cracked piston, apparently very common in R1s fitted to cars........There was no noticeable lack of power or any other untoward symptoms, but I decided I wouldn't carry on with it. I bought a set of rods and pistons and fully intended re-building the lump. However, impatience got the better of me and I went and bought another complete engine. Consequently, the old engine and the wherewithal to put it right are languishing in my garage. It's a year 2000, 5JJ model, with starter motor and a sump baffle, but no carbs. The AIS has been removed and blanked off so all you'd need is a gasket set to complete the re-build. The side covers are not the best though, I swapped the tidy ones over to the replacement engine. So, if anyone's interested in a cheap motor, I'm looking for £400 for the whole lot. You can even have my Haynes manual which covers the engine strip down in huge detail.

I'm in South Wales and will be at Llandow on Sept. 5th, only spectating alas, so I could fetch it along.

Cheers,

John

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”