Donington show

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
andypg
Name: andy gardner

Re: Donington show

Postby andypg » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:30 pm

Hope to be there on saturday.Doesn't look like i can stay over so 2 1/2 hours drive down from the northeast then 2 1/2 hours back.Ouch!! sore arse !! :o

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Anyone got a report? Ady?
Did you find a JPSC pitch?
Edd

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:42 pm

A friend of mine went said it was very disapointing and not worth his trip from Oxford? :(

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Had a great drive down through the Peak District with a 4 kits and a Scooby in convoy.
I did find our pitch... kind of. Without a sign to mark it it was a case of picking a spare patch somewhere near where the hand drawn map that the guy on the gate had showed... except the scale was out by a factor of about x10.
Club area was fairly well supported with a few interesting/unusual cars between the usual suspects. Never seen a Caterham 21 before but there were 2 there.
The exhibition hall was OK with again a few interesting things. Could have been bigger but I guess it was a bit of an unknown for some potential exhibitors.
Very good auto-test display outside. See here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gCKE25yiJg
Racing was good but unfortunatly show entry didn't get paddock access. Dave Hobbs sorted that on Sunday though with 4 paddock passes thanks to a mate driving in the RGB races.
Good blat back through the Peak via a different route and got buzzed by the RedArrows.

Not bad for a new show. I expect it'll improve next year.

Return to “Events”