Detling...

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Detling...

Postby adithorp » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 am

Anybody going? Will the club be there?

I'm planning on making the trek as long as the weather forcast is dry. Arriving Sat am and leaving Sun am/lunch. Never been before.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Detling...

Postby jeffw » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:29 pm

If the weather is OK I'll be there....with the SKCC on Saturday. Last year the SKCC guys stayed over and had a BBQ etc but it is much earlier this year so we decided not to bother and only do Saturday.

If you are making the trek 'cos you think it will be like Stoneleigh I wouldn't bother. The last few years have been pretty dire and the displays only take less than an hour to walk round.

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Postby petercoll » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:58 pm

JPSC can't make it. We are a couple of Committee members down this year, and family commitments make it impossible. We can post some JPSC flags/poles to someone if they are able to put them up and take them down ?

Pete

adithorp wrote:Anybody going? Will the club be there?

I'm planning on making the trek as long as the weather forcast is dry. Arriving Sat am and leaving Sun am/lunch. Never been before.

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:07 pm

I wasn't expecting Stoneleigh size event, Jeff. Just a chance to catch up with some mates and get a few miles in. Given the club aren't there for the weekend I'll probably head home Sat pm and call and see some friends on the way back.
No point me having the flags, Pete as I'll only be there a few hours on the sat'.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:58 pm

You are welcome to hook up with the Southern Kit Car Club and park on the stand. Details of what we are doing here...

http://www.southernkitcars.com/forum/vi ... 1cabd7fd1f

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Very good chance thats what I'll be doing, Jeff. Champion has offered a bed for the night on Friday.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:05 pm

If that doesn't suit, you can stay with me...might even find space in the garage for yours as well.

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:40 pm

Cheers for the offer but all sorted now.

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Postby petercoll » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Did you go Ade ?

pete

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah,

This is how my Detling weekend went...

A nice 250 mile cruise down Fri' afternoon, starting (blat) over Woodhead pass between the snow left over fron Wed; You know your tyres are cold when they're running through melt water! Meeting up with LeeChampion at his place, a quick blat on Fri night to the pub for something to eat after the drive down. Met up with JeffW and his bonkers Pheonix amongst others (hope you get the alt fixed soon).Thanks to Lee for putting me up for the night. Sat' morning and a great 2 hour blat around the lanes with 1/2 a dozen others (inc Jim Giblett in his bonkers Alfa), breakfast en-route and a convoy into the show.

Show itself... Friendly faces at the gates directing us in. Nice welcome from the SKCC (about 30 cars on pitch). Then a wander around the hall. Was a bit small but what there was was interesting enough; Whats not to like when there's tool stands. Left/lost Lee at the Hawk stand (he'll build/buy one someday...) Only a small hall though and not a lot of stands. Back outside and a wander around the owners cars. Some interesting stuff but the gloomy sky's had kept a lot in thier beds. Back to the SKCC pitch and a nosey around the cars there before a BBQ burger. More chatting, another visit to the hall to buy a couple of little bits. Should I/shouldn't I put up the hood (cold and spitting rain on and off all day) and head for home.

Rain hit within min's of leaving so the hood was the right choice but soon stopped. Nice little exchange of exhaust noise in the Dartford tunnel with a 911. Criuse up the M1 and time for a brief blat over the Pennines before arriving home.

Note: I've copied and edited the above from a post over on Pistonheads kit car forum. Where I've been accused of "stupidity" for saying it was better than the Stafford show last year by Den Tanner, the organiser of that shit excuse for a show. You can read the whole thing here...
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... ons+opener
Think I'll rise above it... fecking arsehole!

Return to “Events”