Cheap weekend track day - Rockingham 5th Nov

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
Fizzer

Cheap weekend track day - Rockingham 5th Nov

Postby Fizzer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Anyone fancy a track day at Rockingham on 5th November? (Bring a wooly hat)!

It's a Saturday, pretty cheap (£150) and will probably be my last track day this year. Would be nice to have some kit company :D

Fingers crossed it's dry, unlike my Brands trip recently.
Last edited by Fizzer on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Axle Fisher Fury: 2lt Blacktop Zetec, Newman cams, Tiger shallow sump, lightened flywheel, grumbly webers, willwood calipers + disk kit.

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Re: Cheap weekend track day

Postby dopdog » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:47 pm

That is such a shame Andy :evil: I would have loved to do this one but am driving to Milan that weekend :D

Fizzer

Re: Cheap weekend track day - Rockingham 5th Nov

Postby Fizzer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:23 pm

hmm, might be getting a bit damp this weekend...
Going to be oversteer city with my tyres....
Live Axle Fisher Fury: 2lt Blacktop Zetec, Newman cams, Tiger shallow sump, lightened flywheel, grumbly webers, willwood calipers + disk kit.

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:57 pm

am waiting for the new vids ;)

Fizzer

Postby Fizzer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09W2p1U2Qr8
I thought the 'cheapo' datalogging went well too :)

It was foggy and damp when we arrived and the track surface is very hard to judge what was wet and what was merely damp. Extremely slippy in the wet bits - Got a few tank slappers on the exit of the first chicane which I didn't really get the confidence back all day. Maybe next time :)

Overall I really liked the circuit, there are a few good corner combo's and the long banked curve is pretty exciting (another corner I didn't take any chances on)

Got overheating brakes (again) at the last hairpin so had to take it easy there, need some ventilation I think.

My day was cut short by me leaving my oil cap off after a top up, lost the cap somewhere on the track in a cloud of smoke. V embarrasing. Managed to limp home with the aid of a red bull can & gaffa tape. I did get to have a go in a friends race prepped mk2 golf though, really good fun.

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:10 pm

HI Andy
great video and like the data log you have added to it, just a couple of moments but well held :D . Does look like a great track will have to keep an eye on it for next year.

tealTeliamn

Can anyone help me deal with the matter in converting RMVB

Postby tealTeliamn » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Hey all,i demand several suggestions.i possessed this rmvb movie document. my player is able to only operate mpg file. as a result when i make use of winavi 9.0 to convert the rmvb movie document to mpg file,it's quality and sounds is too poor. my TV is a common screen LCD ration 16:9. can someone advise me which is the best converter to make use and advise how to convert the rmvb video file to good quality? Pay attention, I have used rmvb converter, it is not which I demand. also, am making use of usb jack to insert into the program to operate the file.

Return to “Events”