Shelsley Walsh hillclimb 18th Sept 2011

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Shelsley Walsh hillclimb 18th Sept 2011

Postby RobMsport » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Had a great day out whilst happening to be 20 miles from Shelsley on a breakaway with the outlaws ! I met John Bradshaw who was entered in his Striker 4age 180bhp . Asked him if he was a Spencer ----- whoops ! Good chat anyway and he easily won his class at just over 34 sec's which was also quicker than many other classes :P
The track was extremely slippy in the morning although not actually raining but John was one of a few who mastered the wet and oil covered Esses , due to an Anglia mixing it's pistons etc with the sump :o
What a shame that it would mean me leaving home at 3-00am to arrive on time for scrutineering :mrgreen: There's just no quick route towing a trailer along the A44 after taking me an hour to reach the other side of Oxford . Very challenging track with nowhere to go after any error other than vertical banks or trees ----- take your pick :o
Well done John :P

David
Name: David Hussey

Re: Shelsley Walsh hillclimb 18th Sept 2011

Postby David » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Rob

I've always thought that hillclimbs like Shelsley (or Loton, or Wiscombe, or Gurston, or Harewood, or Prescott, or Ollie's) are for people who possess (numerically) fewer grey cells than gonads. You could ask John B what he thinks about his cage, and why he needed to have the front half of his chassis rebuilt by Cougar Engineering! Hope you enjoyed it....

All best

David (the yellow!)
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:03 pm

H'mm , it certainly requires a balance of commitment and caution :shock: It's a good few years since I entered any hillclimb , 2003 at Gurston to be exact . I really loved it but started sprinting due to not being allowed to enter road going therefore forced into Sports Libre over 1800cc ----- mostly Visions , Mallocks and Lotus 23b's . Apparently not enough Stylus's manufactured per annum to mix it with the Westy's etc :mrgreen:
John was definitely commited David :o I might enter Guston next year just to check how the ageing process is progressing :lol:

JimSpencer
Name: Jim Spencer

Postby JimSpencer » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:45 pm

RobMsport wrote:... I met John Bradshaw who was entered in his Striker 4age 180bhp . Asked him if he was a Spencer ----- whoops !

Lol - now I would have liked to see that :D
Blew the engine at Three Sisters weekend before Shelsely so couldn't get it fixed in time, really disapointed not to get to go (it's the only visit in this years calender) but will be back next year, definatly, a unique challange and the crac in the paddock is brilliant.

Return to “Events”