Stafford Show 2011

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
Timbo
Name: Tim King

Re: Stafford Show 2011

Postby Timbo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Next weekend is the Stafford Show,
As usual your JPSC committee will be there, look for the flagpoles! Could we request a response please from anyone who will be attanding, so that we can guage numbers
Don't put tomato ketchup on your salad cream sandwiches. It spoils the taste of the chocolate spread.

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Postby petercoll » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:38 pm

We have had a very low response to our request for who might be attending. The thought of standing in a wet windswept field in Staffordshire on our own does not really appeal !

Pete

Timbo wrote:Next weekend is the Stafford Show,
As usual your JPSC committee will be there, look for the flagpoles! Could we request a response please from anyone who will be attanding, so that we can guage numbers

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:30 pm

"...standing in a wet windswept field... "

How is that any different to any other show?

I'm planning on coming down Sunday morning but only for an hour or two and leaving lunchtime-ish... and weather dependant. Forcast isn't great at the moment but I've seen worse and it could all change by Sunday. It's supposed to be raining here all day today but it's been dry so far...

petercoll

Postby petercoll » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:52 pm

adithorp wrote:"...standing in a wet windswept field... "
How is that any different to any other show?

That made me smile (and think of the weather at Newark show this year - holding the marquee down in the wind whilst the rain tipped down).

Given we have had only 3 people say they may be there, we currently plan to skip Saturday completely, and I will get over to the showground on Sunday. But if the forecast is bad, or the local weather is rubbish (I live 20 miles away), then we will give the whole show a miss.

Experience tells us there is no point putting up a marquee at Stafford, so it will be a minimal club presence even if we are there.

I think Stafford Kit Car Show is reaping the consequences of charging kit car owners to get into the halls.

Pete

clairetoo
Name: Claire Rule

Postby clairetoo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:27 pm

I am thinking of coming up Saturday , but it does depend a lot on the weather - I have a bit of a V6 project on the go , so time spent in the garage is preferable to getting cold/wet/ripped off ;)
8 is too many , 4 aint enough , so it's gotta be 6

petercoll

Postby petercoll » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Another V6 project ?

Pete

clairetoo wrote:I am thinking of coming up Saturday , but it does depend a lot on the weather - I have a bit of a V6 project on the go , so time spent in the garage is preferable to getting cold/wet/ripped off ;)

clairetoo

Postby clairetoo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:45 pm

petercoll wrote:Another V6 project ?

I picked up a silly-cheap Mx5 a while ago , and just happen to have a few spare engines lying about :D

petercoll

Postby petercoll » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:48 am

Sadly, not a lot of positive comments on the various forums about Stafford on Saturday.

With the amount of cloud currently here (20 miles away) I can't see me getting the Striker out of the garage for a run over there.

Pete

clairetoo

Postby clairetoo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:11 pm

The weather was the only thing that made the trip worthwhile - warm , sunny , and dry :D

The `show' was definitely not worth paying to go into :(

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:57 am

Run down was good. Weather was good. Breakfast at PreesHeath was good. Show was s***e!... but then I didn't go inside like a lot of others. Can't have been more than 30 cars outside and most of them were the RHOC, who apparently just went for the free camping and didn't go inside either. Only other club presence outside was CorvinOwners but they didn't have any cars there, just a gazebo and a BBQ. M6 traffic was bad on the way home, which was good 'cos I forced me to detour through the lanes.

I had a chat with some guys from the Dutton owners club. They'd been invited to to display inside the hall in order presumably to make it look fuller. From what I saw through the sandwich shop window it was 75% empty. They did invite me to join them with the Fury in the hall but I was ready to leave after 20mins and not desperate to get in or make the hall look fuller just for free entry. They'd also been invited to a meeting to air thier views on why the show was so poorly supported...

Claire, I can't believe you managed to find enough there to fill 2 hours or paid to get in the hall.

Return to “Events”