JPSC Trackday - Llandow - 5th September

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
skeggyrik
Name: Richard Hardy

Re: JPSC Trackday - Llandow - 5th September

Postby skeggyrik » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi

Richard here, Alex's friend in the silver S1 Elise. Was nice to meet all of you on the day and was good to have a bit of fun out on the track.
From my initial arrival seeing all the cars and thinking to myself, I'm never going to know the differences between all these cars, I now think I'm starting know my Fury's from my Phoenix's and Riot's from the Mojo's. I really enjoyed meeting you all and generally hearing the stories behind each car.

It was my first time on track in the Elise and I really enjoyed myself in it. I had a couple of moments where my bravery/belief exceeded my talent but it's nice to find these things out on the relative safety of the track. So I read above that it was you Pete, that got to witness my spin. I failed to catch up with you after that session to get your opinion on it! I thought I was going to get it back but was very wary of it snapping back and sending me in the direction of the big cone on the apex. Thankfully a dainty spin leaving me travelling backwards in my own smoke was the end result! A quick nod to you as you passed and some laughter from me and Alex as I tried to get it restarted and going again and we were on our way.

Thanks to Crispin for the passenger laps in the cosworth fury, I'm sure it will be some time before I feel that kind of acceleration again. Addictive stuff. I must say however that they aren't the most comfortable seats in the world, I have a very sore left butt cheak to prove it for some reason! Also I think I must be a bit of wimp as I had a stiff neck Sunday and today! Maybe I just slept funnny? Anyway all worth it.

Sorry to Neil, I didn't get to go out with you in the Elise, I know we talked about it at lunch.

Well I'm pretty sure all that took Alex out will take pride that collectively you have sealed his fate on the eventually purchase of one these cars.

Glad all had a good time and got home in one piece despite punctures, alternator issues and spinning lotus's.

I took some pics on the day and will post a link once I've uploaded them. If anyone does have pics or video of the lotus on track I'd like to see them. Don’t suppose you got that spin on video Pete?

Rich

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Postby petercoll » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 pm

skeggyrik wrote:It was my first time on track in the Elise and I really enjoyed myself in it. I had a couple of moments where my bravery/belief exceeded my talent but it's nice to find these things out on the relative safety of the track. So I read above that it was you Pete, that got to witness my spin. I failed to catch up with you after that session to get your opinion on it! I thought I was going to get it back but was very wary of it snapping back and sending me in the direction of the big cone on the apex. Thankfully a dainty spin leaving me travelling backwards in my own smoke was the end result! A quick nod to you as you passed and some laughter from me and Alex as I tried to get it restarted and going again and we were on our way.

I took some pics on the day and will post a link once I've uploaded them. If anyone does have pics or video of the lotus on track I'd like to see them. Don’t suppose you got that spin on video Pete?

Rich

Sorry Rich, no photos or video.

I backed off as soon as I saw you lose the back end. I know all about S1 Elises snapping back after having passengered in a major crash in my brothers Elise some time ago - £12,000 of damage, and 2 stitches in my head !

At least he drives an R1 Fury now.

Pete

petercoll

Postby petercoll » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:06 pm

Lee,

What brakes do you have ?

Pete

leemulligan wrote:Hi All

Again...what a brilliant day.

Everyone seems to have said it before me, but it was good to meet everyone, and see some serious cars (unfortuntley devon has a shortage of kits, and tracks)

Tyres got hammered, and lost the breaks due to heat, but had an amazing buzz in the process.

Apologies to anyone who had to swerve to avoid my aifilter plate falling off, luckily i think eveyone avoided it, and it was soon returned to be by the chief marshall who wasnt worried at all.

Lets hope the next track day comes around soon

Lee

DanM
Name: Dan May

Postby DanM » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:33 pm

well, many thanks to the organisers - Llandow was great and I look forward to going again next time

met some good people on the day and thoroughly recommend staying at Sheepleys and Carne Arms for food and drink

this er... wasnt exactly how I intended to get home... these things happen tho! :|

hope everyone else had a great day

Dan

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:41 pm

At least it matched the AA lorry :)

leemulligan
Name: Lee Mulligan

Postby leemulligan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi Pete...Very hot ones!

Just running vented sierra discs on the front with green pads, it didnt boil the fluid but pads faded and ended up in the run off area. Next outing they seemed Ok again, but I did tkae it a little easy.

Lee

petercoll wrote:Lee,

What brakes do you have ?

Pete

leemulligan wrote:Hi All

Again...what a brilliant day.

Everyone seems to have said it before me, but it was good to meet everyone, and see some serious cars (unfortuntley devon has a shortage of kits, and tracks)

Tyres got hammered, and lost the breaks due to heat, but had an amazing buzz in the process.

Apologies to anyone who had to swerve to avoid my aifilter plate falling off, luckily i think eveyone avoided it, and it was soon returned to be by the chief marshall who wasnt worried at all.

Lets hope the next track day comes around soon

Lee

NeilEverett
Name: Neil Everett

Postby NeilEverett » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:45 pm

Just for your info, my Mojo runs vented sierra fronts with ferodo pads, I didn't have any sign of the brakes going off all day on Sat, and I did a lot of laps... maybe try some different pads?
Sylva Mojo 2.0 Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

petercoll

Postby petercoll » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:15 pm

Similar thoughts to Neil here - on my 535kg Striker I have solid disks on the front and drums on the rear. I use Mintex 1144 pads on the front. I can confidentally say I have never had brake fade on the Striker, and this includes a track day at Llandow a few years ago, where the car was in almost constant use all day.

Perhaps some new pads are in order.

On Mojos and Strikers the disks are more exposed to the airflow though.

Pete

leemulligan
Name: Lee Mulligan

Postby leemulligan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:15 pm

I think better pads will be on order....or an anchor to throw out the back...maybe a parachute would look pretty good!

Lee

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:35 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfNxM0dSRVE

Some track footage from the guy in the Mev.

Return to “Events”