Safebreakers (Sky TV programme)

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
Edd

Safebreakers (Sky TV programme)

Postby Edd » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Guys,
A chap from Maverick Television has called today. He is looking for a team of JPSC Engineers to enter a team....if anyone is interested please contact me and I'll see if I can co-ordinate you. Not a clue about expenses etc yet, if enough are happy to go for it I'll take it further. There seems t be a 20 questions page on the website for them to pre-select teams for the TV show proper. I'll copy and paste his email he sent below:-

Safebreakers
Are you a group of engineering, naval or aviation enthusiasts?
Maybe you like to build and modify in your spare time?
Are you up for a 3-day challenge in a stunning UK location and the chance to win a cash prize?
Your skills, knowledge and ingenuity will be tested in a race against time and another team to crack the code on our safe... and get your hands on the cash!
Maverick Television is looking for groups of friends who are interested in mechanics, are keen salvagers, engineering eggheads and those who have a genuine passion for building machines to take part in a fun, challenging new series for Sky 1.
Each week 2 teams will go head to head in a race to reach a safe hidden somewhere in a breathtaking UK location.
The safe contains a big cash prize. To get their hands on the safe, each team must design and construct a machine capable of transporting them to it, or bringing it to them. Each team is given tools and materials and a limited amount of time. Whoever gets to the safe first gets the chance to break the code and win the money.
Each show will see the teams face a different challenge- e.g. The safe is placed at the bottom of a river, or inside a burning building, or on top of a mountain surrounded by forest.

Let me know....
edd@jpsc.org.uk

Return to “Events”