Christmas!!!

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

Christmas!!!

Postby Ian Kelly » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:02 am

Hi all,

I have to say, my attitude to the festive season is a touch 'Victor Meldrew', however, as I'm planning to take the Fury on a couple of long trips next year (Skye, the Alps, etc) then I'm collating a Christmas present list that I can wave under the nose of those close to me that are stuck for gift ideas. Self centred? Moi? :)

Anyway, I was looking for suggestions for the following items, or if anyone has any experience of them. In line with my Meldrew like tendencies, value for money needs to be high!

Dry weather driving gloves - for dry trackdays, etc. I'll use my snowboarding gloves if it's wet.

Roll-bar mountable camera for recording hairy movies and stills - looking at Go Pro at the moment, any other ideas?

WHAT IF IT RAINS!?!?! Any idea's for clothing, other than just drilling holes in the seats and just 'dealing with it'?

Anything essential for the car? I've got a rain proof cover for the evenings, and a removable wheel for security.

Recommended \ must-have tools? I've got an emergency mini-tool kit that i always take out (multi function screwdriver\allen combo, tyre gauge, gaffer tape and spanners).

Any other ideas for essentials on long haul, roofless (and windscreen-less) motoring holidays?

Thanks all,

Ian

Fizzer

Re: Christmas!!!

Postby Fizzer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:57 pm

I was thinking of some kind of rain cover too. Something that is quick to put up (i.e. not the standard fisher hood that's on it at the moment) perhaps made out of umbrella type material that just fastens on the screen and over the roll hoop - has anyone done this?
Live Axle Fisher Fury: 2lt Blacktop Zetec, Newman cams, Tiger shallow sump, lightened flywheel, grumbly webers, willwood calipers + disk kit.

MattD
Name: Matt Downes

Re: Christmas!!!

Postby MattD » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:43 pm

Fizzer wrote:I was thinking of some kind of rain cover too. Something that is quick to put up (i.e. not the standard fisher hood that's on it at the moment) perhaps made out of umbrella type material that just fastens on the screen and over the roll hoop - has anyone done this?

Jill Judd half-hood - http://www.softbitsforsevens.co.uk/

wpb4f09131_1b.jpg
XSP_0734.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Events”