Stoneleigh Kitcar Show

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
ams1
Name: Andrew smith

Re: Stoneleigh Kitcar Show

Postby ams1 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:14 am

Whoever sieze ownership of the pitches lol if they have what three words could they put them on the forum to help us newbies to find you thanks

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:20 am

I like the what 3 words idea, has Adi got W3W app though?
Edd

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:27 pm

I have now. :D

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Found the pitch and decided to stick with it.Our usual one is over run with rabbits and equipment. Easy to find. From kit entrance turn right and follow the big green wall and you'll spot my Orange Fury on the left about 200m before the usual spot.

Apparently 3words is...
///solar.allow.piper

Jester
Name: Anthony

Postby Jester » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:31 am

Look to be there Saturday/Today.With family members :D

SumpNut
Name: Daniel Ashby

Postby SumpNut » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:09 pm

Hi,

I'm a new forum member having only bought a used Fisher Fury a few weeks ago. It's my first time at the stoneleigh show in an actual kit car (assuming I make it without breakdown :? :lol: )

Hope to see you guys there and nose round your cars

Cheers
Daniel

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:36 pm

Been a good day. Nice weather and met up with a few folks I haven't seen for a while. I think the most cars we had was 6. For most of the day it was mine plus 2 j15/16.

Given the late and busy calender date and short notice, I was surprised by the turn out of owners. The rearrangement of club pitches probably compressed them into a smaller area andade it look better. There's no clubs in the area on the right between the kit car entrance and the Westfield slalom. Most have moved into the show ring area that until the last show hasn't been used (appart from the beach buggies on the corner). That move meant our "new" pitch wasnt as prominent as I'd thought.

Inside is down to one hall (the back one) and not packed. The other hall is a covid jab centre and the sheds aren't in use. A few tool stalls outside but less than usual. Still some interesting stuff amongst the old if you look for it.

One plus for the new pitch; it's not as far to walk the the farm shop for breakfast :D

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:13 pm

A few more cars there today but not a massive turn out. I was all packed and ready to go by 11.30 but didn't manage to get away until 2

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:35 pm

The dog was worn out by the whole experience...
https://www.flickr.com/gp/159643633@N02/Ncc8y0

Jester
Name: Anthony

Postby Jester » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:29 pm

I went with my family on Sat we pre booked the ticket's online So only paid £10.00 each good deal
Have been for years was definitely smaller.inside & outside No surprise because of Covid-19
The outside club areas were split up to much. With loads of grass area's left empty the worst was one was a Red/Orange 4x4 ??? May have been rear wheel drive on it's own with some one sat down on the same pitch right on the other side of the same pitch very odd that was a lot of walking for some of my family. We just turned around after that & went back down to the hall 2 area.

Looking forward to a normal May 2022

Return to “Events”