Rolling Road - Saturday Session

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

Rolling Road - Saturday Session

Postby Ian Kelly » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi,

Just thought I'd mention that I went to a really good rolling road today in Chorley, John Clarkson auto's. The guy advertises in the kit car mags and is part way through a (5 year!!) Luego build. Very friendly and thorough, spent a while getting everything set up and then did 5 runs and let me tweak the maps on the power commander, although to be honest neither of us really were experts in using the commander.

Started out with flywheel 154hp \ wheels 121 \ torque 80lb ft, ended with 158, 124 and 82. Not a massive improvement, but sorted out some significant under \ over fuelling throughout the revs, and I only really went down to see if the dissapointing results I got at Stoneleigh were really true (they weren't).

He's up for doing a Saturday morning group session, said he'd do 3 power runs per car for £30 each, which sounds like a very good deal for a kit car friendly place. I've got a few mates that I think would be interested, if anyone's interested please mail me and I'll co-ordinate.

Cheers, Ian

Fizzer

Re: Rolling Road - Saturday Session

Postby Fizzer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Just out of interest Ian, what figure did you get at the stoneleight RR?
Live Axle Fisher Fury: 2lt Blacktop Zetec, Newman cams, Tiger shallow sump, lightened flywheel, grumbly webers, willwood calipers + disk kit.

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:07 pm

A lot less than he expected! ;)

adrian

Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

Postby Ian Kelly » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi,

At Stoneleigh I got 110.8 at the wheels, vs 124 in Chorley, 13% different.

158 at the flywheel sounded about right too, as in standard spec the bike puts out 150 at the 'flywheel', and I've got no cat, a power commender, etc.

Ian

Return to “Events”