Brands Hatch 31st July

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
peter030371
Name: Peter Smith

Brands Hatch 31st July

Postby peter030371 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:48 am

I have just booked in for the evening at Brands next Tuesday with Javelin, anyone else out playing in the cooler evening air?

If you are feeling brave (and flush, which I am not) then they are running on the GP circuit all day with the Indy layout for the evening. I have done the GP circuit on two separate days before and its a great track :D I might try and get up there n hour early to see who is out playing on the 'big boys' loop :lol:
Editor of 'The Proper Job'

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Brands Hatch 31st July

Postby jeffw » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:04 pm

Have you done tuition at Brands yet?

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:29 pm

jeffw wrote:Have you done tuition at Brands yet?

nope, gearbox has been out the car which has made it a little difficult to drive ;)

Trying to plan a days tuition later in the year, got a recommendation of an instructor and will probably do it at Llandow as its cheaper and relatively easy to book a date that suits us compared to the bigger tracks :D

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:09 pm

ask me nicely and I'll pop along and point you in the right direction.

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:30 pm

jeffw wrote:ask me nicely and I'll pop along and point you in the right direction.

Direction I can do, out the pits and keep turning right. If everyone else is coming towards you as you exit the pits and you see a tyre wall in front of you then you have gone out the in so to speak :!: The marshals tend not to be keen on that :lol:

Braking points, turn in points and them pesky apex things can be a bit random depending on my mood and if I am distracted by a nice looking car ahead :shock: Still its all good fun ;)

If you are about do pop up, would be good to see what you think of the car compared to how your Phoenix started out (if you can remember that far back) :evil:

I know I need to slow down to go faster i.e. get the above right slower before building speed so practice makes better (not perfect in my case!).

Return to “Events”