Stoneleigh 18

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: Stoneleigh 18

Postby adithorp » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:21 am

If you're camping enter through the "KitCar+Camping" entrance (not the general parking). They'll charge you £5 at the gate and give you a wristband for entry/exit later. Once through the gate, turn right and follow the road around until you spot the phone mast slightly to your left and head for that. Our stand is directly by the mast. If you get as far as the main camping (under the trees) on your right and "Dakar pick-up point" without spotting the mast, turn left and then right and we should be in front of you.

CRAIGR
Name: CRAIG

Postby CRAIGR » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Hoping to be there Sun/Mon with Sean

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:26 pm

I might show up depending on the weather and if i can be bothered to drive all that way in a mondeo.

Or i could spend the time trying to get the Fury back on the road.

Who knows what I'll do.

peter030371
Name: Peter Smith

Postby peter030371 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:53 pm

pigeondave wrote:I might show up depending on the weather and if i can be bothered to drive all that way in a mondeo.

Or i could spend the time trying to get the Fury back on the road.

Who knows what I'll do.

That's sort of my thoughts (although I don't have to suffer the Mondeo ;) ), 3+ hours each way and for a show that generally doesn't take that long to walk around. I have had a look at the exhibitor list and the JPSC manufactures are all noticeable by there absence :x ...if they can't be bothered to attend the one show a year then what am I going to look at? I can see 'owners' cars at any one of a number of meets/trackdays throughout the year for free if I want.

I've just looked at the costs of a stand in hall 1, unless I am mistaken its £340 (plus Vat) for the basic 20m2....my company does 2 trade shows a year and we pay more than £340 per m2 and normally have 12-16m2! We have never, and probably never will, take an order at a show BUT people know about us, remember us and are much more likely to use us because of the impression we give of a professional company. Stoneleigh is a dirt cheap show to display at and you have got to be 'in it to win it' as they say :o (rant over)
Editor of 'The Proper Job'

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:55 pm

peter030371 wrote:I've just looked at the costs of a stand in hall 1, unless I am mistaken its £340 (plus Vat) for the basic 20m2....my company does 2 trade shows a year and we pay more than £340 per m2 and normally have 12-16m2! We have never, and probably never will, take an order at a show BUT people know about us, remember us and are much more likely to use us because of the impression we give of a professional company. Stoneleigh is a dirt cheap show to display at and you have got to be 'in it to win it' as they say :o (rant over)

You also need to factor in the cost of staying up there for a few days
Trouble is it all adds up when you look at it.
Also I think that the manufacturers of the JP cars probably feel that its a lot of money for a weekend. On the flip side they don't charge that much when you need work done. Maybe if they charged like a commercial business and not a hobby you'd see more of them.

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:40 pm

For me it's more about the social event than the actual exhibits. Bumping into old friends, drinking a few beers and talking bollocks. Nice opportunity to give the Fury a decent run as well (if I get it back together).

Yes, it's a shame the JP manufacturers don't show. I accept it's not a cheap weekend when you take all the other expenses into account but I do think the exposure from being there has to be worth it overall. They would need to be a bit more proactive though, taking contact details and following up after the event.

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:33 am

Good words there guys and all sensible!
It's a shame they don't attend, I have even offered space on the JPSC Stand, but I didn't realise how cheap the stand inside is though!
I agree it's all about brand recognition etc, I sponsor the local football club and have never got work directly, but have been busy ever since I did so I am confident it works.
Edd

Christof
Name: Christof

Postby Christof » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:49 am

I planning on going on the Monday, provided it's not the traditional Bank Holiday monsoon! Will sadly be in the daddy wagon :?

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:07 pm

If you're going Monday try and get there early. A lot of those camping over will be leaving midday. If it rains hard overnight then plenty will be heading home even earlier.

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue May 01, 2018 8:11 am

Hi All,
Can we have a hands up for the Annual BBQ Sunday evening so I can cater accordingly please?
Edd

Return to “Events”