CKC Blyton track day 10Sept17

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Re: CKC Blyton track day 10Sept17

Postby pigeondave » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:09 pm

adithorp wrote: managed to get about an inch lower, which is what I hoped for but just ran out of time to experiment with the mounting positions.

What? you're an inch shorter but the mounting positions are good?

Im so far away from being ready its not even funny so there'll be no last min booking from me.

If you two could take a few motivational pics or even a video it'd be appreciated

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Sorry that wasn't as clear on paper as it seemed in my head...The old seat was cracked so needed replacing. New one had potential to get a lower position but I ran out of time to experiment much before we went away and the position I mounted it was only slightly better than the old one. This weekend I had time to experiment and make new mountings and that has got me as low as I originally hoped. Down side is my brake bias adjuster might need to move as it's a bit close to my knee now.

As for your motivation; Sometimes I think nothing short of a rocket up your arse will have much effect, though an iminent ferry crossing does seem to work.

peter030371
Name: Peter Smith

Postby peter030371 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:09 pm

I should have my Go-Pro with me but if the results are very embarrassing for me I may 'accidentally' mislay the SD card. If they are embarrassing for anyone else they will of course be posted ASAP for all to see :lol:
Editor of 'The Proper Job'

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:46 pm

I'd better get the batteries charged for mine then.
Are you still planning on camping Sat night?

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:07 pm

adithorp wrote:I'd better get the batteries charged for mine then.
Are you still planning on camping Sat night?

Yes, apparently if we camp we have to be on site by 5.30pm but nothing to book as we can pay on the day for that.

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Good job you said that or I might have been locked out. It used to be 7pm and occationally they stretched that to 8 before they locked the gates.
I'm going to put a folding BBQ and bag of charcoal in... and burgers, buns, beer, etc. I might just use the on site cafe for breakfast.

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:54 pm

We will have similar food and tea/coffee making facilities (or I wont wake up until 11am).

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:22 pm

adithorp wrote:As for your motivation; Sometimes I think nothing short of a rocket up your arse will have much effect, though an imminent ferry crossing does seem to work.

Yeah, I cant argue with that. But things like a gearbox change is only a 3 hour job (if that :lol: :lol: :D )

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Pre-event info from AdamWilkins says arrival until 7:30pm for camping. I'll be there earlier than that but worth knowing if you get delayed. I'm only bringing coffee stuff for the morning and I'll use the on-site cafe for breakfast.
Pete, I'm guessing you've not been there before so... If you're approaching the circuit from Blyton village yor sat-nav might tell you to turn left into a field before there'e a turning (some do) but just continue until you see the entrance (there's signs and flags) then follow your nose past the grass-track circuit for about 1/4mile.

Weather is looking indifferent, though the forecast is improving over what was showing earlier this week. Currently light showers Sat afternoon but evening, overnight and morning looks dry with rain coming in mid afternoon.
Think I'll squeeze the wets in... That should ensure it stays dry ;)

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:32 pm

I got the info from Adam and checked and Blyton emailed me to say arrive by 5.30 pm if camping so take your pick. We plan to set off lunch time on a 4 hour journey so should be fine. I think we will have a few burgers plus disposable BBQ for the evening and kettle/ tea/ coffee etc.

I have looked on the map, seems easy enough to find (famous last words) and a couple of Petrol stations in Gainsborough so not far away.

Steve at Fury Sportscars said he has been around Blyton with you in your car and he could only take a couple of laps.....think it was a compliment as he then said 'he is a bit handy in that car' :lol:

Looks like rain one way or the other, car will most likely get wet one way (or both) on the trailer so plenty of towels to dry it out again with me :o

Return to “Events”