Brighton Speed Trials

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Brighton Speed Trials

Postby jeffw » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:05 pm

adithorp wrote:Thought the button shift might have gained you a bit more. Did it breath any oil? I guess the run might be too short and straight to know for sure if thats fixed.

Just checked the oil level and it is spot on, nothing in the catch tank either....bizarre.

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:51 pm

jeffw wrote:
Did the car sound loud(er) or quieter?

Ive not heard you run before, plus the exhaust was on the wrong side to where i was viewing. But it didn't sound all that loud, there were louder cars. Your noise didn't seem excessive if you know what i mean.

I did see a guy with a sound level meter and a stick at just behind the start box. Did he not check you? I saw him checking a few cars as they approached the start. Im guessing if he didn't test, he didn't think you were that loud.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:53 pm

98 dB on the sound check at 5K rpm

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:00 pm

jeffw wrote:
adithorp wrote:Thought the button shift might have gained you a bit more. Did it breath any oil? I guess the run might be too short and straight to know for sure if thats fixed.

Just checked the oil level and it is spot on, nothing in the catch tank either....bizarre.

No oil swill in a straight 1/4 though. Has it been worse on right hand circuits? (like Llandow+Mallory)

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:26 am

It isn't likely to be related to lateral G, the Raceline sump has been on there for many years without having an issue. It is more likely to be the result of me testing the traction system at Blyton Sprint and causing bore wash. New plugs and an oil change seem to have cured the issue.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 pm

New exhaust and some old bloke in a race suit...

Return to “Events”