N/West BankHoliday run?

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

N/West BankHoliday run?

Postby adithorp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Having added this on the end of Ians "NW meet" thread and got no replys, either you're all busy, or miserable gits, or didn't see it. So I thought I try again.

Anybody up for a run out on Monday. I fancy a long run up into the Dales leaving Manchester early(ish). Weather looks promising.

adrian

Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

Re: N/West BankHoliday run?

Postby Ian Kelly » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi Adrian.

Sorry, didn't see this message until now. Did you make it out? Monday was pretty awful near me!

Had a great run out on Saturday am, ended up not too far from Lockerbie!! Set off at 6am, was out for almost 9 hours, did 251 miles, had a great breakfast up in the pennines, and plenty of sideways action, mostly unintentional. 10 cars in total, including a couple of strikers, locosts, a VX220, Westfields and a Caterham.

Quality drive, can't wait for the next one.

Ian

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: N/West BankHoliday run?

Postby adithorp » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:31 pm

No I didn't get out. Got up early and took the dog out and it was pretty miserable (the weather and the dog) so didn't bother. Decided to go for a short run just after dinner 'cos the Sun was out and it pissed down again before I could get out.

I thought it looked like your car in the pictures on Locostbuilders. I heard Hartside was a bit slippery and there was some damaged GRP on one car. Sounded like a good run but unfortunatly I was busy Sat'. What time did you set off?

adrian

Return to “Events”