Sylva open day with possible track time

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
Edd

Re: Sylva open day with possible track time

Postby Edd » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Really getting jealous now! Damn family holidays!
Edd

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:23 pm

I'm sure we'll have a gteat time and tell you all about it later.

Don't think I'm goingto camp Thu afterall as by the time I get there, it'd be too much hassle to set up (possibly in the dark).

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:52 am

It's still a long way out but the weather is looking promising :)
Keen to see how my new spring set up works on track.

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:37 pm

adithorp wrote:
Keen to see how my new spring set up works on track.

Whats the new set up. More track orientated or more tour orientated. or the best of both?

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Best of both hopefully.

Softer front springs (down to 180 from 210) and progressive bumpstops front and rear.

Ride on the road is much improved and at Bruntingthorp this weekend rode the kerbs better and rolled less at the rear. Grip was... well I never found the limit. Little bit of fettling still to do at the rear bumpstops I think to improve the road ride. Only down side seems to be its harder to drive like a t**t... but I'll keep trying ;)

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:52 am

Met office forecast is still looking good for tomorrow. If you're coming, better pack the sun block. ...and I'd better get my stuff sorted and packed.

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:27 am

All those going tomorrow, have a great time. I'll wave as I pass by!
Edward
JPSC Chair.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:35 am

Leaving early afternoon

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Home and fed after a great 2 days. Big thanks to Dave for his hospitality.
Fri track day was blessed with sun and only a few red flags, so lots of laps... and lots of sun burn :oops: . One J17, 2 Fury, 1 Pheonix (plus DanG who is a member but drives an MNR). Great to see how pigeondave progressed on his first track day. Shame Jeffs oil expulsion re-occurred and he had to pack up at lunch. Big thanks to both Daves for letting me (and trusting me to) drive the J17 and Fury. Very different cars to mine. The J17 really surprised me with how forgiving/controllable it was near the limit and not snappy on oversteer. Loads of power from the K-series and puts it down well.
Just 4 camping overnight and Sat started off slow but built up quite nicely to the point my plan to set off home went out the window then got scuppered further by stripping pigeondaves dragging front brakes. All sorted though and part of the fun.

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:01 am

Big thanks to Adi and Dave for organising the track day and the evenings entertainment.

For my first track day i think i did fairly well. I was told that i had managed to get the tyres up to temp and i didn't think i'd be cornering how i was by the end of the day. Only down side was cooking the brakes , but it was the last run of the day and I was playing the game of, do a lap and break a little later. Trouble is that you end up at the next corner a little faster so you tend to get quicker in a very short amount of time. I felt the brakes go spongy at the hairpin so i thought i'd go in when i go back to exit. I got round Gerards in to the back straight, at the end of the straight the pedal hit the floor. A quick panic pump and i managed to scrub enough speed to get to the pit lane.

Most interesting thing was going out with the instructor, i did two stints before i went out with him so i knew which way the track went. But for £20 its got to be the cheapest upgrade to the car thats got me going quicker. He said that he'd show me the track day line as we weren't defending our position.

The evenings entertainment was good with plenty of chatting going on about all sorts (not just cars) and the BBQ and beers went down well.

Saturday morning started wet, but a few people turned up. Once the sun cam out we were treated to quite a few cars ranging from a Striker to the latest J16/17's.

Im sure once Daves got his log in sorted out he'll post some pics up.

I left, only to return to sort out a sticking offside caliper we (Adi) freed it off and I managed to drive back home to Brighton. Once i was on the M1 I didn't touch the brakes till I got to the first roundabout in Brighton.

Return to “Events”