Stoneleigh 2016

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
stevebubs
Name: Stephen

Re: Stoneleigh 2016

Postby stevebubs » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:00 pm

a Car Pass would be useful - I'll have 2 adults and 2 kids in the car....

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:04 pm

I've now got the banner/flag and the 2 passes. The passes say car and driver but not passesngers so I'm guessing you'll have to pay for them (also doesn't include camping). Issue will be getting it to you. I'm guessing I'll get there about 5pm and would then have to come back and meet you at the gate. Or I could just post it to you.

jester907
Name: James Pickett

Postby jester907 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Should be ok to bring a BBQ and if I bring my big tent we can have a bit of shelter as it is a 6 person with large communal area. :P

ruaricoles
Name: Ruari Coles

Postby ruaricoles » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Sorry guys, I don't pop on here often so just saw this

Like Neil I'm very local (Warwick) so let me know if anything required. Planning to be in the TVR again on Sunday and possibly Monday and will bring a couple of folding chairs in the boot, but could probably do a Friday evening delivery of anything bigger in the tin top if it'd help. I have a small gazebo, although it has no sides I think so a bit limited, and a standard size kettle BBQ if any help.

Ruari

stevebubs

Postby stevebubs » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:38 am

Adi - thanks, the pass arrived today.

Stephen

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:58 pm

That restores a bit of faith in the post office; It only went in the post box yesterday afternoon.

I suspect we might have all bases covered except for the shelter. James' tent will help but I suspect it might be a bit cramped for the usual late night drinking. So something with walls would be good. Craig, does the one you can borrow have sides?
Think between us we'll have enough BBQ gear and I've arranged with Edd to buy some food in and he'll reimburse me after. Will just need to blag a lift into town on Sun to get it (Fury isn't great for a supermarket run).

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:39 am

All,
Many thanks for everyone who is supporting the JPSC at Stoneleigh with offers of support/equipment etc, I hope you have a great weekend and I am really sorry I can't be there, I'll be back next year.
Many thanks,
Edward Berresford
JPSC Chairman.
PS. Adi, there was a chap on Locost who offered to bring a Coleman shelter, he said he'll find you on Saturday.

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:35 am

Wish the weather forcasters would make up thier minds. Currently met office app has mostly dry,cold and a few showers... so pretty much normal show weather. Says it'll be dry when I leave here and arrive there tomorrow and the same returning Monday. Trouble is it's changing by the hour. I had to clear snow off the car this morning and sleeting outside my office at the moment...

stevebubs

Postby stevebubs » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:14 pm

6m x 3m pop up gazebo with walls lashed onto the trailer...

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Mon May 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Great weekend as usual. Show seemed busier than last couple of years despite the weather forecast; Halls were busy as early as 10:30 on Sunday but quieter on Monday.
12 for a very good curry on Sat night and once we found somewhere to eat as the place we went in '15 has closed and finding somewhere that could take that number at short notice was tricky (unfortunately required a visit to the pub while they got ready for us). Rain in the evening was replaced by clear skies and frost by morning.
Sun weather was better than expected (sunny spells and light showers). Early on J15's (x3) outnumbered other models and through the day there were probably 20 cars. Respect to the guys from the south west who travelled all the way up and back in the day. BBQ was a success thanks to various cooks and a fire to keep us warm plus kids dismantling pallets to keep it fed finished the day.
Monday was quieter and started with getting tents down before the predicted rain arrived and many opted to leave before it arrived. I waited for it to pass as if I left early I'd run into it further north... or so I thought. It started mid morning and stopped early afternoon, so I took my chance only to run into torrential rain soon after leaving.
Big thanks to Steve for the big shelter, James for the back-up tent and everyone else who contributed to a good weekend.

Return to “Events”