Blyton 19th Sept

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
AdamR
Name: Adam Read

Re: Blyton 19th Sept

Postby AdamR » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:49 am

Hope you get sorted today! If there's any bits left to do in the morning I'm happy to help. Will be heading over tonight and staying at the circuit so shouldn't be any rushing around to do from my side.

Mine's just gone back together after some extensive tinkering last night... Managed to sort out an auto downshift blipper using a relay and some switches from Maplin, plus an MX5 starter motor solenoid :D

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:51 pm

adithorp wrote:One day to go and my car is in bits....

Pah you have a whole day.....
Now if you were talking 6hours and you have to get the engine and gearbox in or the rear axle I'd say it might be an issue. :lol: :lol:

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Think I've spent too long in your company Dave and lastminuteitus has rubbed off. Progress during working hours...Nil!

In the last hour... Oil cooler pipes and 'stat refitted and engine run. Undertrays back on. Tyres swapped for slightly better ones (not been so hot there's rainbows on the tread). Walk the dog now before it gets dark then extract the trailer from it's current position and load the car, home food, bath and bed.

AdamR

Postby AdamR » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Excellent. Just about to hitch up myself, see you tomorrow!

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:00 pm

What a great day! Great weather, good open pit lane morning, and me and Adam were 2nd+3rd fastest in the afternoon. Unfortunately I broke the car on my second timed run in the afternoon but if you don't want to break it, leave it in the garage.

Did a 70.3 on a very scrappy lap (don't think the Wiggler, Bishops + BungaBunga on full opp' is the quickest way around). Then on the second timed lapI spun on the last corner, didn't get the clutch in quick enough and screwed the starter; Was a lot cleaner lap (but still pretty loose) and felt quicker but hey ho. The good news I had just put the camera on so there should be video :D

Quickest was Adams mate in his Westy with a 64.

Big thanks to Nick and all the team at Mazda-onTrack.

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:37 pm

...and the memory card is corrupted so no video! :x

AdamR

Postby AdamR » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:10 pm

Yep, really good day - that's a very good format IMO. Great to meet you Adi, a bugger about your starter, but as you said don't drive it if you don't want to fix it...!

Thanks for keeping me motivated throughout the afternoon with that quick time, just couldn't quite get near you... a few less missed shifts and less fuel surge on my last run and I might have got closer, but I think you'd have improved anyway! :)

What's the memory card saying? I have had this a few times and there are programs that can sort that out - can't remember the name of one exactly but Google should be able to sort you out.

Here's my vid from the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYE1PZhqwfE

See you again soon hopefully :mrgreen:

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Handling looked a lot better by the end.

I might have buggered the vid. Was pretty tired when i down loaded then deleted the files from the card... But the downloaded files are empty and there was a file corrupted window.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:04 pm

Adam

You video seems to show a 71 ish sec run but the text says 61.1, am I missing something? 61 secs is single seater territory.

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:13 pm

Should read 71

Return to “Events”