750MC Kit-Car Championship

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Re: 750MC Kit-Car Championship

Postby RobMsport » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:35 am

David wrote:750MC -- what's left this year = http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/Plan%20B2.pdf

Agree that track days offer far more tack time than sprints -- but it's the super competitive nature of the latter that does it for me.

David

Totally agree with that David , nothing improves your track driving quicker than competition. A fellow competitor of mine in a 257bhp Westfield did a little diversion into racing at Brands and Llyden . Qualified near the back of the grid due to problems with the car then in the race wizzed up to 4th in the first lap . He was on list 1B's too , not slicks like the other kits plus radicals !!!
Sprinting is an entirely different dicipline to racing and really concentrates the mind , usually well before you've even got on track you're driving the course. PLUS it's cheap and you're only going to get hit by trees or other otherwise stationary objects :lol:

Also have to agree with Matt that trackdays give far more track time so now I'm retired and have fewer pennies and not chasing championship points ------ I too am really looking forward to trackdays more now . Did an Abingdon day with motorsport events and am looking forward to Snetterton with Matt in October. Never been there so a chance to learn the circuit :roll:

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:04 pm

RobMsport wrote:Sprinting is an entirely different dicipline to racing and really concentrates the mind , usually well before you've even got on track you're driving the course. PLUS it's cheap and you're only going to get hit by trees or other otherwise stationary objects :lol:

Can't believe I missed this :D

This dig from a circuit racer needs a little explanation.

Sprints are normally held on purpose built racing circuits (Croft, Anglesey, Pembrey, Lydden, Goodwood, Cadwell), test tracks (MIRA, Hethel) or occasionally on airfields (Bentwaters, Abingdon). All of these normally feature adequate run-off area. Doesn't mean you can't hurt yourself or damage your car at a sprint, but you are pretty unlucky (or stupid -- subject for another day) if you do.

Hill-climbs, on the other hand, are often held on the service roads of country estates. For the most part these tracks are very narrow, and they frequently feature trees, stone walls, banks (both up and down) and gate-posts in the immediate vicinity of the track. Even if these obstacles are normally protected by a straw bale or two, hillclimbs are (IMHO) for those whose bravery is well above average and/or those who don't know how to do an FMEA.

Yes, I'm a wuss :oops:

Sometimes, the boundaries between sprinting and hillclimbing can become blurred. As an example Nottingham SCC (otherwise an excellent club) run an event in the grounds of Thoresby Park which they refer to as a "sprint" -- actually, it's a hillclimb without any hills :shock:
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09 am

H,mmm , not sure I 'get' your reply David :? I was actually complementing my friend in the Westy for his ability to out drive the circuit boys early on in his race before the tyres gave up anyway. All balls out on cold tyres is part bravery plus visualising the course and brake/gearchanges before the off , cos there's certainly no time during the run :lol: Regarding ' run-off ' , there's no run off at Goodwood plus it's ultra fast :P

Where was my ' dig ' , it wasn't intended :roll:

MattD
Name: Matt Downes

Postby MattD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:31 pm

I think David is inferring you're a circuit racer Rob ;)

Quite the opposite in fact David, Rob's an out and out Sprinter.
He's been "quite sucessful" in the ACSMC sprint championship 8-)

LOL

Matt

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Ah , I see :) --- we were at cross purposes , I hadn't twigged that :roll: Sprinting reduces my financial risk somewhat plus my car wouldn't be accepted into the 750 KIT CAR series due to it's developement.

Return to “Events”