750MC Kit-Car Championship

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
David
Name: David Hussey

750MC Kit-Car Championship

Postby David » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:42 pm

The Kit-Cars are out again at Silverstone on Sunday. Last time out there were 6 Phoenix, 4 Strikers, a Fury and a Fulcrum (if that counts as a JP designed car) on the grid.

Does anybody on this forum compete or support?

Edited to change "Saturday" to "Sunday" -- the 750MC site contradicts itself :o
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

timhoverd
Name: Tim Hoverd

Re: 750MC Kit-Car Championship

Postby timhoverd » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:51 pm

David wrote:The Kit-Cars are out again at Silverstone on Sunday. Last time out there were 6 Phoenix, 4 Strikers, a Fury and a Fulcrum (if that counts as a JP designed car) on the grid.

Does anybody on this forum compete or support?

Much, much, much more importantly the RGB boys and girl are out racing on the Saturday. There's, at a quick count 6 Furies, 2 Strikers, 2 Phoenixes, a Riot and the Wolfe, which is a Riot with different bodywork. There's probably a couple more not in the finals too.

Why is it more important? Because I'm one of the Furies, that's why...

Tim
Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher.

David

Postby David » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi Tim

Your point well understood -- but I have a family interest in the Kits, so that's where my allegiance lies and we'll agree to differ.

Nevertheless, that seems to add up to 24 JP designed cars (if one allows the Fulcrum and the Wolfe) out at Silverstone this weekend. Why is this forum not aboil on the subject?

David

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:22 pm

I'd be going to support if I wasn't going to Diss this weekend .Especially as Silverstone's just half an hour away from me :(

NeilEverett
Name: Neil Everett

Postby NeilEverett » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Cracking day for a spot of motor racing! Great to catch up with you again Tim. Unfortunately the RGB riot ended its second race on lap one with a crunched nose & rad, also saw a Fury or Phoenix (not sure from a distance...) with a restyled front end...
Sylva Mojo 2.0 Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

timhoverd
Name: Tim Hoverd

Postby timhoverd » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:43 am

NeilEverett wrote:Cracking day for a spot of motor racing! Great to catch up with you again Tim. Unfortunately the RGB riot ended its second race on lap one with a crunched nose & rad, also saw a Fury or Phoenix (not sure from a distance...) with a restyled front end...

That was Bob Mortimer's Fury. His new induction system seemed to make the car way faster and he just over-did it at Brooklands. There was also a crunched Phoenix (which was the car that started the incident that ended up with Andy's Riot being crunched. Not a good race from the point of view of incidents. I've got slightly deranged steering, which I suspect is a result of hitting the kerb avoiding Duncan's spinning Phoenix. The kerb at Becketts is more like a ski jump than anything else...

BTW, if anyone wants to see how the RGB chaps are seeing things, you're welcome along at the forum. I set up a new topic for every race for photos and videos. This is the one for the Silverstone weekend; some nice chap has put a great photo of my car up there as well... :)

Tim
Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher.

MattD
Name: Matt Downes

Postby MattD » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Cool

I could do that (I think), with a bit of practice :lol: along with all the other armchair racers :mrgreen:

What sort of budget are you talking for a season (minus a suitable car obviously :P )P

How many off's/incidents/bodywork do you allow for ??
Is it a non-contact sport :shock: (which has always been my worry) ?

Matt

David

Postby David » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:14 pm

It's certainly supposed to be a non-contact sport. And both kit-cars and RGB seem to have reasonably good standards of driving overall. However, if you want motorsport completely without the risk of being hit by another car, sprinting is probably the best option.

MattD
Name: Matt Downes

Postby MattD » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:37 am

David wrote:However, if you want motorsport completely without the risk of being hit by another car, sprinting is probably the best option.

Hi David

Thanks for the reply.

Been there, tried that a little, need to do it more often :oops:
The contact thing is a by-product of the sport, so only an issue in the budget.
If you bend the car sprinting, on a trackday, whatever, its down to you.
I'm guessing, not necessarily so in a race situation.

Main issue I have is that I'd spend £££ taking all the nice bits off my car for it to comply with the kit-car regs.
(Stylus, 2ltr Zetec, throttle bodies, LSD, etc.)

Quite happy doing the odd track-day for now, more tracktime for your ££ than sprinting.
Snetterton on 1st Oct !

Perhaps I should take at look at a 750MC race meet. What's left this year ??

Matt.

David

Postby David » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:57 pm

750MC -- what's left this year = http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/Plan%20B2.pdf

Agree that track days offer far more tack time than sprints -- but it's the super competitive nature of the latter that does it for me.

David

Return to “Events”