Charity Trackday - 20th Sept

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

Charity Trackday - 20th Sept

Postby Ian Kelly » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:16 am

Message from Adrian Thorpe -

RAF Valley are holding a charity track day on the 20th Sept'. It's a sessioned day and has a long circuit around the runways. £50 per car.
I did it last year, it's a bargain and the money goes to a good cause (local kids home/HelpForHeros last year).

Phone Flt Lt Mark Sugden 01407762241 Ex7851 or 07968969179 to book.
Don't delay though because it fills up fast.

Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

Re: Charity Trackday - 20th Sept

Postby Ian Kelly » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Adi,

Just googled RAF Valley, is the track day at Anglesey?

Thanks,

Ian

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Yes thats the one. It's the RAFs fast jet training base so the surface is excelent and the circuit last year had 7 corners and 2 chicanes.

Bit of video I found from last years event. It's a bit of a wet session but gives an idea of the circuit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xebXq95n ... re=related

adrian

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Well I had a great day here, scaring the wits out of Scoobies and Evos while the rest of you were suning your selves at Stafford. How pissed off do you think they get when thier tricked up, 400bhp+ Evo, gets taken in a strieght line...and how much have they spent to get those numbers?
There was another Fury and a Stylus there, plus the usual Caterhams and Westfields. The Fury blew its engine (fireblade) just before dinner; He took the sump off on a landing light (very low ride height) and put a rod through the side a mile later.
I think I've discovered why my car feels a bit hairy sometimes in fast corners; It's called "The Limit" when any change of input, causes one end or the other to slide!..although the "high grip" surface felt slippery to me.
I called it a day before the last session and gave things a quick check over and found my new (but temporary) air-box had started to break up. It was fine before the session. Looks like metal fatigue from the vibration. I just hope the missing bits fell out and not in. Think I've got away with it as it was still going like stink at the end.

adrian

Return to “Events”