NW Meet

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

NW Meet

Postby Ian Kelly » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi,

Whilst it's fun to gatecrash my mates Westfield meets, it would be great to organise something with the JPSC guys. If anyone's up for an evening meet in the nest few weeks just shout. I work in Warrington, so if it's a nice day I'd be able to get within 30-40 miles of work quite quickly.

Short notice i know, but the weather is looking ok for Sunday (so far anyway) so if anyone fancies a drive please let me know. I live near Ormskirk and don't mind travelling an hour or so to meet, so could do Lancaster to Manchester to Chester.

Ian
R1 Fury

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: NW Meet

Postby adithorp » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:33 pm

A regular meet sounds good to me. Any sugestions for a venue?

I'm out and about tommorow (Sat) but tied up on Sunday.

adrian

Ian Kelly

Postby Ian Kelly » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:33 am

Hi Adi,

Location wise, I'm happy to arrange to suit depending on where people are travelling from. There's some great roads near me, from near J27 M6 to Southport, where proper seaside fish and chips can be had! Good roads around your part of the world too I believe, or into North Wales (too many police maybe?) or Cheshire.

If you fancy a longer drive oop North (5-6 hours all in), then there's a route that takes in my favourite road I've been on so far. It's the road from Ingleton to Hawes near J34 M6, 17 miles of quite spectacular scenery and twisty mayhem. If anyone does try this road, watch out for the 'hidden dip' sign about 14 miles in - me and my passenger were truly shocked at how much air we got, I thought the sump was a gonner!

I'll find out the date of my mates local Westie meeting too, they're usually good fun and pick out decent roads. Had 13 cars on the last meet, plus the odd tin top.

Cheers, Ian

amos
Name: Phil Airey

Postby amos » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Here,Here i'll second that road from ingleton to hawes as my fave (well one of them) it does take some nerve to hold the twitchy Riot flat out on some of the faster bits :o .you can often find me on it about 7am on a sunday morning, MOTORING NIRVANA!!!!!! :D

mkII
Name: mark lawson

Postby mkII » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:18 pm

N/W meet sounds good ian. i guess i should have warned you about the hidden dip on our york dales run the other week. m.

DavidM
Name: David Merriman

Postby DavidM » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:39 pm

My Striker doesn't get out much on the roads these days, but I could be up for a meet :) I will possibly have to clean it first though...

Where do the Westfields meet these days? There's a Pistonheads meet + run from the Wheatsheaf near Rainford on the last Thursday of every month that I go along to (good variety of cars and normally a decent run out too, worth a visit) - it used to be the regular Westfield meet.

Ian Kelly

Postby Ian Kelly » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Subject to weather I'll pop along to the Wheatsheaf on 27th, it's literally 5 minutes from my house.

Might see you there David.

Ian

DavidM
Name: David Merriman

Postby DavidM » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:08 pm

I'll be there, might even bring the Striker if the weather's good, I manage to fix the engine mount this weekend and the gearbox hasn't completely given up the ghost!

Otherwise I'll be with the OH in her S2000 or maybe in my Legacy GTB.

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:18 pm

The weather is looking good for the BankHoliday Monday. Anybody up for a long run out?

adrian

Return to “Events”