Southern Meet & Run

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
Fury1630
Name: Tony Hart

Southern Meet & Run

Postby Fury1630 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:26 pm

As reported in TotalKitCar 31st Jul, the above meet / run is planned for the 6th Sept, with four starting points & meeting at Bentley Wildfowl/Motor Museum nr Lewes, East Sussex (BN8 5AF). It's being organised by a guy called Mark Greenwood & here's what he said in response to my e-mail:-

"The idea started with some kent guys wanting to meet owners who normally meet nr Guildford. So I picked a ½ way point. Then I thought about why I wanted to do it in the first place and thought that it should be opened up. The reasoning being that 1/ as there’s no regional website covering all marques – there is no easy way of falling in with other owners, unless you are part of an established club, even then it can be hit/miss in regards to who wants to meet for a pint or a run out. 2/ its nice to have a purpose to a run out, I go out as often as possible but end up some times scratching my head about routes – I llike it when there’s a goal: going to g/wood, meeting a friend at the coast etc. so I figured that this could be ( hopefully ) a chance for owners to aim for 1 meeting point, whether in convoy from the designated start points or under their own steam, and do what we do at a show like Detling ( without the stalls) – wander round, kick tyres, ask questions, have a bite to eat and then enjoy a run home!

Start points; 2 are fixed – 7oaks + newlands corner for east/west.

North + south still need to be sorted. I’d like someone to step up to the plate and take charge of a run from the south coast – prob Brighton way + Caterham in the North. I know that anyone coming from the south coast wont have a long run if they take a direct route. So I’m hoping that someone will put their hand up that knows the area quiet well and who can arrange/plot a decent run that’ll take about 45-60 mins to the venue from wherever the meeting place is.

The runs will leave at whatever time their ‘organizer’ thinks appropriate with a view to getting to Bentley at similar time 11.00. there’s £5 entry into Bently (p/person). I’m trying to keep track of numbers in case its possible to negotiate a bit. On numbers, again personal feeling, but I think the more the merrier – morew folks to talk to,. More cars to look at etc. before yesterday(which was when I posted to cobra forum/westies/caterhams etc -) I reckoned we had approx 25 cars, mostly east+ west. Since then have had a few positive comments which would prob give another 8-10. so I’m hoping that as word spreads out, and as people read the various forums that maybe we could get to 40+. Clearly depending on weather!!!!"

If you're interested or can help with the north & south start points, you can contact Mark on mark.greenwood@klaraconsulting.com - I have his permission to include that e-mail by the way.

T
"Low Commotion" Quite possibly the slowest Fury.........................................................................in the world.

MattD
Name: Matt Downes

Re: Southern Meet & Run

Postby MattD » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Anybody going on this ??

A mate has been in touch with Mark (the organiser), and he's had little response apparently :roll:

I'm now signed up for it, along with two mates in a Cobra & Kougar.

Matt

MattD
Name: Matt Downes

Postby MattD » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 am

Saw about a dozen JPSC variants out for the day, which was good. 8-)
Good excuse for chat.
50+ various marque cars at the finish.

Bit slow in the convoy on the way down... bit quicker when let off the leash on the way back :roll:
Last edited by MattD on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fury1630
Name: Tony Hart

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:30 pm

"Bit slow in the convoy on the way down... bit quicker when let of the leash on the way back"

I set the satnav to "shortest" for the way home - that found me some "challenging" roads.
Then I noticed the gen light glowing softly & the volt meter showing 11v.
:(
The tiny Odyssey 680 battery kept it running & even re-started when I got home though. The alternator in now in bits waiting for testing / spare parts.

T
"Low Commotion" Quite possibly the slowest Fury.........................................................................in the world.

Return to “Events”