Goodwood Breakfast Club 2nd August

For anything related to kitcar events including trackdays, local meets etc
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Goodwood Breakfast Club 2nd August

Postby jeffw » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:22 am

It is the Goodwood breakfast club this Sunday and the theme is open top cars :) If the weather plays nice I shall be down with my Phoenix. Entrance is free and you get to admire lots of very taste cars and have a nice Full English (got to pay for that bit). Starts a 8.00 and goes on till 12.

Details here http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/ ... fault.aspx

MattD
Name: Matt Downes

Re: Goodwood Breakfast Club 2nd August

Postby MattD » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:31 am

I've got a weekend of Goodwood.

Rob Farley is competing in a sprint there tomorrow, forecast is heavy rain, so I'll show some support therein the morning. :?
I'll be at Glorious Goodwoood for the horseracing in the afternoon (work, but an easy number)
Got her indoors a free ticket & some bubbly too, so that'll score me some points for later. :lol:

I'll probably be at the Breakfast Club in the Stylus, as its only 30 mins a away, weather dependant. ;)

Matt

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Re: Goodwood Breakfast Club 2nd August

Postby RobMsport » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:00 pm

Thanks for the support Matt . Forecast was spot on unfortunately and I was intending to ' tickle ' her round due to finding play in the diff ' nose bearing the day before. I assumed it would be a -- remove and rebuild diff ' --- job when back home in one piece hopefully . Didn't fancy another front end rebuild £££££££££ :shock: Lucky for me , just after practice , Rod Styles turned up to spectate and chat. I told him about the bearing and my intention then he told me that the bearing was tapered ---- I had no idea :roll: Great says I , I'll sort that next week . He had his van plus every tool you could think of in it and insisted he'd do it during lunch :D What a star :!:
Upshot was that my time was rubbish but not nearly so rubbish as the others in my class so this turned out to be my first ever win in the wet --- running water on track :shock: Closest to me was 6 sec's behind and he had slicks plus soft wets to choose from . I just had the R888's which are bloody lethal on running water conditions .
That's just two events this season after the rebuild and won both :P Nothing on now until the Charity Snetterton Trackday in October with Matt . Not been there before so should be fun learning the circuit :roll:

Return to “Events”