Your thoughts on converting my Stylus to IRS

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
Antnicuk
Name: Anthony Kirk

Your thoughts on converting my Stylus to IRS

Postby Antnicuk » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:09 pm

As above really, i would like to try an IRS set up on my stylus. SSC have a system but its 'inaccessible' at the moment. We have been having a discussion on ClubStylus and the SSC system or a version of it maybe available in the future but there is no certainty.

I would like to try and convert to a tried and tested IRS. I could make a diff carrier to attach to the chassis but would need the measurements, wishbones, and uprights from another car.

I just wondered what thoughts people had and problems i may encounter and things to consider.

I can but a complete Haynes set up and the information would be easy enough to find for the measurements but i dont know how performance focused it is. The SSC one looks good but with only a couple of small photos available, i cant replicte it and the information is not forth coming otherwise i would use the SSC version.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Your thoughts on converting my Stylus to IRS

Postby jeffw » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:27 am

Would the easiest course of action not be to either talk to RAW or Fury sports cars ? Both of them have IRS chassis which should have some resemblance to what you have already.

Antnicuk
Name: Anthony Kirk

Postby Antnicuk » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:51 pm

I think i will try this route as i dont seem to be getting anywhere else, thanks

Lee Champion
Name: Lee Champion

Postby Lee Champion » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Tom Van Der Wotsit I think converted his LA Fury Fireblade to IRS, quite a job I believe.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”