Phoenix of Oz

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
chriscook
Name: Chris Cook

Phoenix of Oz

Postby chriscook » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Have been meaning to send out a message for quite a while just to say that my Phoenix, which I built in the UK, is now registered here in Australia.

The car was collected from the UK a year ago and arrived in Australia sometime in April. I was expecting to need to make a fair few modifications to enable me to register it here. In order to register I needed to get an approved engineer to sign it off as meeting the relevant regulations. In the end all I needed to do was fit normal 3-point lap-sash seatbelts (4-point harness are not good enough!) and a reverse light. The only real difficulty I had was regarding the VIN number. I originally made up my own VIN which was agreed with the DVLA, unfortunately here the computer said no! Eventually this got sorted out, I handed over the fees and came away with number plates.

The downside of living in inner Melbourne is that it can be a bit of a mission to get out to any decent roads, the weather has been pretty wet for several months and I had a bit of an oil pressure problem so not had much chance to go for a good blat. However, on sunday we got up early and went for a drive down the Great Ocean Road, which hugs the coast to the west of Melbourne.

http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&ll=-38.565348,143.986816&spn=0.647489,1.288147&z=10

I was having to much fun driving to stop for photos but there's one from the passenger seat attached. I don't think I've ever driven 2.5hours to get a breakfast before but it was certainly worth it.

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Phoenix of Oz

Postby jeffw » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Sounds like fun :) Looks good as well.

NeilEverett
Name: Neil Everett

Re: Phoenix of Oz

Postby NeilEverett » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:33 am

Hi Chris, great to hear that the car made it out to you at last!
Sylva Mojo 2.0 Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”