Should I sell my Fury ?

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
clairetoo
Name: Claire Rule

Should I sell my Fury ?

Postby clairetoo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:29 pm

I'm finally going to start working on my Fury today - and just cant make up my mind what I want to do with it...........
It needs a few things replacing due to wear and tear (clutch , tyres , propshaft.......) which are top of my to-do list , along with sorting the dodgy wiring
But , heres the problem - I am thinking of getting it mechanically sorted and selling it ...... and starting a new build

But - whats a well sorted V6 Fury worth ? It's far from a standard spec (if there is such a thing....) , with a big disc conversion , lengthened front wishbones , ten gallon tank (and lowered boot floor) , Mazda V6 on throttle bodies (about 206 BHP)

It's a cracking tourer - the big tank gives an easy 300 mile range between stops , the suspension mods and big brakes make it fantastic up and down mountains , it has full weather gear so a drop of rain is no problem - the only downside is the bodywork is starting to show it's age a bit , and the bonnet bulge is a bit , well , brutal

Or - do I refresh it , and upgrade it a bit - and stay in the same old rut ......................
Last edited by clairetoo on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 is too many , 4 aint enough , so it's gotta be 6

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Re: Should I seel my Fury ?

Postby petercoll » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:05 pm

Depends what you fancy building Claire. If it's another Fury, then I would refurbish your current car.

Pete

clairetoo

Re: Should I seel my Fury ?

Postby clairetoo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Nope - it's not another Fury - it will be something a bit different ;)

matt_gsxr
Name: Matthew Robson

Re: Should I sell my Fury ?

Postby matt_gsxr » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 pm

If it is a rut that you like then there is no need to leave it.

Darkspeed
Name: Andrew Smith

Postby Darkspeed » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Worth ! - now there is a subject thats open to debate and comment.

Market values vary enormously and with a potential one off which almost all of ours are essentially you are the only person who is in any postion to say what amount of money would be required to make you part with it. So ask yourself "How much would I have to be offered to hand over the keys of my pride and joy?". £2K, 3k, 4k, 4.5K, whatever then take a 20% off and thats probably the top end of what its worth.

If the car is begining to look shabby and has a face(bulge) only a mother could love then the market for buyers is reduced significantly no matter how good the package and underpinnings - its human nature - there is no credibility showing off a a tatty old kit car even if does have a 320BHP Cosworth Duratec to your mum and car clueless mates - Show them a Shiney red car glisteneing with £40 of Autoglym wax even a wheezing old 1300 X-flow will have them in awe.

My car - £27K of bills - 250BHP 255ftlb torque - 6000 miles - its Blue, red, silver and a look to run from - paid £5k - a previous owner did £3.5K of damage to the value with only £30 worth of rattle cans god bless him :D :D

Red and shiney - doubles the value. :lol:

Andrew

Chet
Name: Chet Galek

Postby Chet » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Claire -
I hope you have a happy and healthy new year!

I'd suggest you pull the V6 and use it in a shiney new red J15!

Chet

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:27 am

Chet wrote:Claire -
I hope you have a happy and healthy new year!

I'd suggest you pull the V6 and use it in a shiney new red J15!

Chet

A J15 with a V6 and bike carbs... Mmmm. But with Claire driving it'd have to have the number plates fitted on the sides ;)

Don't know what it's worth Claire but it won't be what you want for it at this time of year.

clairetoo

Postby clairetoo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:51 pm

I wouldnt even think of selling at this time of year :o
I've started to get it sorted though..............new radiator arrived today , that will be this weekends project - re-make the brackets and plumbing !
Then......out with the engine , bung in a clutch and fresh gearbox , re paint the front of the chassis , send the prop shaft off foe re-tube and balance (it's got a bit of vibration that wont let it go past about 145, so still not had it flat out :( )
I just got my new folder/guillotine/rollers at work , so a new tank may be on the way as well ;)
And if I can find the space needed , I'm hoping to build a pair of tubular manifolds and unlock a bit more power :twisted:

Lee Champion
Name: Lee Champion

Postby Lee Champion » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Give it a respray in a different colour, may change the way you feel about it. We all get itchy occasionally, thats why I respray mine every few years!!! Just currently changing mine from blue to ........ for under £200, will post some pics when finished. A change is sometimes as godd as a er, total change?

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”