Phoenix ownership

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Re: Phoenix ownership

Postby petercoll » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:51 pm

I am hoping to meet up with someone at Stafford this weekend who knows who has the moulds.
Watch this space.

Pete

Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

Postby Ian Kelly » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:11 am

I had in my mind more of a 'species preservation' type business model, rather then any serious attempt to start earning profits!

Storage space wouldn't be an issue, I work for a national Logistics company with warehouses pretty much everywhere.

I like the idea of buying the bodywork rights and linking in with Raw for the chassis. As far as to whether there's a market?? No disrespect to the Cyana boys, but the car that I saw with silver-grey bodywork and blue pespex was way wide of the mark for what I think the car should look like.

Looing forward to what Pete is able to find out re: ownership of the moulds. If they genuinely fit onto a standard striker chassis then if we could acquire the moulds, tidy them up, and establish a relationship with the new owners of Raw, then maybe it could work.

Ian

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:32 pm

I can't comment on what the holder of the PHOENIX build rights/jigs would accept but my offer to SSC was quite selfish although Tim and I are very good friends. There was nothing on his order book so my offer was £5000 then another owner offered £10,000 after talking with me around chassis production and other problems that would occur.
In the end , Tim prefered to retain ownership , in case business conditions should change for the better plus he'd be able to build his own at any time in the future , should he choose to ;)

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:03 pm

As to if they fit on a Striker then the answer is yes, I believe so. My car was originally a Striker and was involved in an accident then re-bodied as a Phoenix.

The article in Complete Kit Car this month suggests the new owners of Raw are looking to do a full bodied retro looking car to sell alongside the Fulcrum (which is another full bodied Striker).

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Jeff , off this topic I know , but are you entered in the N.Weald sprint tomorrow :?: I'm marshalling so will come and find you at some point if you're there ;)

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Postby petercoll » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Can't say too much, but I would forget any ideas of buying the Phoenix moulds.

Pete

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Yes Rob, North Weald tomorrow.

matt_gsxr
Name: Matthew Robson

Postby matt_gsxr » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:15 am

petercoll wrote:Can't say too much, but I would forget any ideas of buying the Phoenix moulds.

Pete

The intrigue. Give clues at least, just to make it more interesting.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:16 am

I wonder if the answer is in the CKC article that I was referring to regarding Raw's intention to build a retro full body car.

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 am

That'd make sense, Jeff. Pete had his best poker face on at Stafford and was giving nothing away.
For RAW to be able to offer 3 cars (a seven, a classic style sportscar and a modern incarnation) all with the same chassis and running gear has to be a good idea.

adrian

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”