Creaky Squeaky Fury

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
sjmatthews
Name: Steve Matthews

Creaky Squeaky Fury

Postby sjmatthews » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:33 pm

Evening all,

The back end of my Fury (IRS) creaks and squeaks quite loudly. It sounds like an old bed going down the road :lol: :oops:

I recently sprayed all of the suspension bushes with a teflon lubricant spray, which quietened things down for a few days, but now it's back.

Is this a common problem, and is there a simple solution?

Steve
I'll be in the garage dear!

Timbo
Name: Tim King

Re: Creaky Squeaky Fury

Postby Timbo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Did you tighten all the bolts up with the weight of the car on the suspension? might be slightly twisted bushes...
Having said that, mine squeaks and creaks, and has done so ever since it came back from the repair shop, but once i'm belting along full chat i don't notice it , :lol:
Don't put tomato ketchup on your salad cream sandwiches. It spoils the taste of the chocolate spread.

Fury1630
Name: Tony Hart

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:41 pm

sjmatthews wrote:The back end of my Fury (IRS) creaks and squeaks quite loudly. It sounds like an old bed going down the road :lol: :oops:

Mine doesn't. It buzzes a bit from the grp rear deck touching the roll bar, but the suspension's quiet. As said, check the bolts were torqued with the weight on the car, but maybe check for GRP rubbing somewhere? Is the deck fully bonded to the boot sides? & the rear? Are the tyres touching the arches anywhere?

Does it still creak if you rock it / bounce it with the roll hoop?

T
"Low Commotion" Quite possibly the slowest Fury.........................................................................in the world.

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Chech the wishbone/chassis mounts. The rear upper wishbone can just touch the edge of the mounting bracket due to its angle. Mine were like that and I just trimmed a bit off the edge of the bracket. I've seen a few other chassis the same. Also check (if you have metalastic bushes) that none of the washers on the through bolts (rear, bottom wishbone, outer-end/upright mainly) touch the outer casing. I had one that did and it took 2 years to fing the squeek.

adrian

sjmatthews
Name: Steve Matthews

Postby sjmatthews » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Thanks for the pointers guys 8-)
I'll be in the garage dear!

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”