Fury IVA Pass

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
sjmatthews
Name: Steve Matthews

Fury IVA Pass

Postby sjmatthews » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Passed my IVA yesterday - woohoo :D

It so nearly passed the 1st test on Monday, but the inspector didn't like the fact that I'd used LED lights/bolts to illuminate the rear number plate, and he considered that there was not officially a space for a plate as a result, despite the fact that they hold the plate on. So, went back for a free retest the next day with a 'normal' number plate lamp fitted and I was very happy to receive an IAC cert for my trouble.

The examiners at Avonmouth (Bristol) were very reasonable and even gave me a few tips and help with some minor items. They genually wanted to help me to pass. So they're not necessarily the ogres they're made out to be ;) I think that the IVA test has scared a lot of builders off, not to mention the cost now, so they weren't too busy seeing as it's summer time and completed car should be coming out of there birthplaces after their builds.

I then went to Bristol DVLA, filled out the registration and build-up forms :shock: and I'm now booked in for a vehicle check next week to verify components and will hopefully get an age related plate. Despite passsing the IVA and having a roadworthy vehicle the system dictates that I must trailer the car to the DVLA as it has no road tax or registration, but oddly I could drive it to the IVA in possibly a dangerous condition. Another cost to get it trailered, but there's no point in risking being pulled by the plod so far down the road.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my happiness with you all and look forward to using the car and meeting some of you guys soon. :D

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'll be in the garage dear!

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Re: Fury IVA Pass

Postby petercoll » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Excellent news, well done. The car looks good.

Pete

PaulW7
Name: Paul Willetts

Postby PaulW7 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:10 pm

The car looks fantastic. well done!

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:59 am

Well done, looks great :)

Timbo
Name: Tim King

Postby Timbo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Steve,

Well done, Car looks FAB!!
Don't put tomato ketchup on your salad cream sandwiches. It spoils the taste of the chocolate spread.

sjmatthews

Postby sjmatthews » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi Timbo,

Cheers buddy, yours looks great too - especially the stripes :D . You may recall I was chatting to you for some time at Stoneleigh?

Are there any regular meets in our region (Midlands/SW)?

Steve

NeilEverett
Name: Neil Everett

Postby NeilEverett » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi Steve,

Car looks great!

I run a meet which usually gathers at a pub within 10 miles or so of Warwick. We're a small bunch, so don't expect a car park full of kits, but we always have a good natter...

I put a post up on here and on Sylva chat when a meet is due, it's usually first Thursday of the month over the summer, alternate months over winter...

Neil
Sylva Mojo 2.0 Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

Fury1630
Name: Tony Hart

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:44 pm

sjmatthews wrote:Despite passsing the IVA and having a roadworthy vehicle the system dictates that I must trailer the car to the DVLA as it has no road tax or registration, but oddly I could drive it to the IVA in possibly a dangerous condition. Another cost to get it trailered, but there's no point in risking being pulled by the plod so far down the road.

Daft isn't it? Technically it's because you can drive to a place of "inspection or repair" without plates or MoT, why the LVLO office is not a place of "inspection" when you're taking it there to get it inspected is beyond me.

Really they should post you a set of trade plates with the IVA booking & you post them back after registration, but maybe that would be too sensible.

The girl at the LVLO office told me I COULD drive it there for inspection, only when I queried it did she go & check & tell me that actually I couldn't. Then I failed to get a definitive answer from them about wether it needs an MoT during the first three years, the best I could get from them was that "most kit cars didn't need one.

That thing halfway down your arm, is that you ar5e or your elbow? Oh - you don't know?

Grrrrr

Anyway, all this will soon be behind you. Congrats. :D
"Low Commotion" Quite possibly the slowest Fury.........................................................................in the world.

sjmatthews

Postby sjmatthews » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 pm

NeilEverett wrote:Hi Steve,

Car looks great!

I run a meet which usually gathers at a pub within 10 miles or so of Warwick. We're a small bunch, so don't expect a car park full of kits, but we always have a good natter...

I put a post up on here and on Sylva chat when a meet is due, it's usually first Thursday of the month over the summer, alternate months over winter...

Neil

Thanks Neil,

Perhaps I'll be registered in time for the August meet?

Steve

Timbo
Name: Tim King

Postby Timbo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:26 pm

Steve,

Make sure you get the certificate for your plates from the office, otherwise you will not be able to get them. And make sure you take photo i.d. when you go to get them made up.

How about a stick on "show plate" on the front like mine?

Good luck, & hope to see you again at the august meet.

Tim.
Don't put tomato ketchup on your salad cream sandwiches. It spoils the taste of the chocolate spread.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”