Fury IVA Pass

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: Fury IVA Pass

Postby adithorp » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Looks like a nice install... for a boat anchor ;)

Just one comment though. You might want to loose the wrap on the exhaust manifold. Although it keeps the temp down under the bonnet it just tranfers it into the side pod. A couple have set fire apparently as a result. :o

adrian

Timbo
Name: Tim King

Postby Timbo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:35 pm

looks like a nice tidy job! I concur with the exhaust wrap though. Far better to put some heat reflective matting on the underside of the bonnet, and let the air get at the primary's. Just watch your hand when it's hot!! You wil probably need to introduce a heat shield too, just to avoid cooking the UJ in the steering column

I look forward to seeing it in the flesh!
Don't put tomato ketchup on your salad cream sandwiches. It spoils the taste of the chocolate spread.

sjmatthews
Name: Steve Matthews

Postby sjmatthews » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:55 pm

The exhaust wrap was on the unfinished car when I purchased it. The side pod has holes drilled in the end with large clearances around the where the exhaust enters and exits, along with 'portholes' along the side (see pic) so it shouldn't burst into flames :shock:

SDC10538 small.JPG

The previous owner had fitted a clear gelcoat unpainted body. Whilst he saved a little money, I had to strip a lot of the car to paint it. Believe it or not, I painted the whole car and stripes myself, by hand using a roller in my dusty single garage which took many weeks of work (and bleeding finger tips). I'm very pleased with the results (but that's a whole new thread if anyone's interested in how I did it). I used polyurethane yacht paint, so the boat anchor may be quite relevant :P

As it is not the usual coloured gelcoat, I was concerned that the bonnet was being affected by the exhaust heat and was starting to discolour, so I've applied insulation matting to the underside of the bonnet (not in previous pics) and I'll leave the wrap on for now.

I do hope the sun comes out soon

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'll be in the garage dear!

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”