Fury and Phoenix Seat Area Width

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
CMA
Name: Rob H

Fury and Phoenix Seat Area Width

Postby CMA » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a Fury style car, I had a sit in a Sylva Phoenix the other day but with just the basic pads in the width between the tunnel and the outer chassis rail (one of the diagonals not the main rail) was a little too tight for comfort. Does anyone know if the Fury is wider in this area and if so how much wider?

Cheers

Rob

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Fury and Phoenix Seat Area Width

Postby jeffw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 am

Did you sit in a live axle Phoenix ? If so the Fury is bigger (as is the IRS Phoenix).

CMA

Postby CMA » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:56 am

Ah, thanks. :cry: It was an IRS Phoenix I sat in.

Are the Fury and the IRS Phoenix the same seat dimensions then? just an inch would make a difference...

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 am

My understanding is that the live axle Striker/Phoenix are the narrowest with the Lixe Axle Fury and IRS Stiker/Fury/Phoenix being the same width.

I can fit in my live axle Phoenix, snuggly !, and I'm 5'11" and around, cough, 15 Stone.

CMA

Postby CMA » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks Jeff. I'm 6' 2" and about (cough) 17 stone. There was enough room in the IRS Phoenix but it was just one of the chassis diagonals that dug into the top of my thigh, not a place I would expect to loose much weight from even if I tried.

I will have to find an IRS fury to try a sit in but it looks like my plans are thwarted....damn

Werner Van Loock
Name: Werner Van Loock

Postby Werner Van Loock » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 am

I have a early live axle striker (chassis 17) and I'm 6'3" and 16.5 stone and I do fit using the least possible seat available, (GRP seats) The best seat is more like to be a foam filled bag, but that's not allowed in Belgium.
But I do have to admit that the diagonal chassis member is digging into the side of my upper leg (or is this the thigh?) I'm going to add some foam to the panels so that the chassis memebers doesn't stick out.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:19 pm

I have a suspicion this issue has more to do with leg length than width of the person concerned. I have short legs (30") inside leg and I have pads on the transmission tunnel where my knees rub.

CMA

Postby CMA » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Yeah, could well be leg related, I'm 32-33" inside leg. If I chopped off 3 inch (theoretically speaking) then the offending chassis part would be more behind or in a more "padded" area of my body.

Chet
Name: Chet Galek

Postby Chet » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:17 pm

Another key advantage to a Bike powered Fury is that they can be setup with more seat width due to the smaller tunnel needed.

Chet

PS - Or simply buy a new Sylva J15!

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”