Under car panels

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

Under car panels

Postby Ian Kelly » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi,

I'd like to panel the tunnel and rear end on the Fury, but the ali panels I used elsewhere seem a bit heavy-grade. Any suggestions as to the best panel thickness to use? Any under-car pics of the rear end would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Ian

leemulligan
Name: Lee Mulligan

Re: Under car panels

Postby leemulligan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Just started doing the same to my fury.

So far ive made a 'frame' to attach onto the back chassis and diff carrier.

The plan is that i can the attach panels with rivnuts to this, and keep everything completely flush to the existing panel work.

Only thing im not sure of yet is ho to attach to the tub.

The class I sprint in doesnt allow 'diffusers', but there is nothing to say i cant 'flat panel' the back in.

Ill send a pic when i can

Lee

Fury1630
Name: Tony Hart

Re: Under car panels

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Ian Kelly wrote:I'd like to panel the tunnel and rear end on the Fury, but the ali panels I used elsewhere seem a bit heavy-grade. Any suggestions as to the best panel thickness to use? Any under-car pics of the rear end would be really helpful.

The panels suplied are about 16SWG - 0.064" - 1.5mm. That's about right for a diffuser - type thing under the rear where you'll need some stiffness, 18SWG - 0.048 - 1mm (ish) should be fine under the tunnel where all the edges are supported. I took this photo of mine while it was on the ramps for SVA. As you can see I only panelled under the diff, so that's 1mm, & I put a vent at the rear end of the tunnel panel.

If I can help with any other details PM me.

T
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Low Commotion" Quite possibly the slowest Fury.........................................................................in the world.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”