Stylus + Fury - heated screen

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
Lancaster_bob
Name: Rob Hopkins

Stylus + Fury - heated screen

Postby Lancaster_bob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm looking to get a heated windscreen for my Fury; I've found a couple of firms who will do one, the catch being a minimum order quantity of 10 units. Anyone else interested? Got to be the neatest way to get a demist function for SVA, price seems to be £165 + VAT but should be able to get a discount if we can get a batch of 10 ordered.

Failing that, anyone got a heated screen (OE fitment on S3/S4 elan) going spare?

Rob

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: Stylus + Fury - heated screen

Postby adithorp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:04 pm

When I was building mine I wanted to go down this route and on a couple of occations people tried to get a bulk order together. It always fell though because the numbers weren't great enough initially and while waiting for extra interest, others had to drop out and just go with a normal screen. Some people offered to buy 2 and keep the second one to sell on later and it still didn't work.
Best of luck to you but thought I'd better point out the problems.

adrian

Fury1630
Name: Tony Hart

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 pm

No help to you I know, but I have one in my Fury - A guy local to me wanted one so much he bought 10 & sold the other 9 on eBay. I thought it would only get used the once - at SVA - but in fact I had to use it a few times in the autumn, it works better than the "caravan heater" I put in the Ranger to boost the heater (in fact it works better than the Ranger heater) & is obviously much lighter than a heater.

What I'm saying here is, if you can get an order together, it's worth the effort.

T
"Low Commotion" Quite possibly the slowest Fury.........................................................................in the world.

mattf

Postby mattf » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:25 pm

I had this place bookmarked (http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/acatalo ... reens.html) for when I finally get to the stage where I need a windscreen, but as the price is identical to what you mentioned, I suspect you've seen it already! Alteratively, have you spoken to Chris at BGH?
Building a Fury........slowly!

Lancaster_bob
Name: Rob Hopkins

Postby Lancaster_bob » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi Matt, T and Adi,

Thanks for the replies; that was one of two companies I spoke to earlier in the week, who wanted a minimum order of 10. I spoke to Chris @ BGH today; apparently the cost makes the heated screen pretty un-appealing, most people preferring to fit electrical heaters, specifically the one from Carbuildersolutions (code DEMST) which is only £22. Looks like I'll either be going down this route or trying to get decent demist from the camping-hairdryer bodge thats already in place. Unless 9 other people want to pop out of the woodwork and order heated screens ;)

Thanks again for the feedback....

Rob

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”