Duratec in a Fury

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Duratec in a Fury

Postby jeffw » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:51 am

Guys.....Speaking to Chris at BGH yesterday regarding fitting a Duratec into a Fury. He said the factory tried and couldn't get it to fit but that someone had done it themselves using a specific combination of sump and bell housing. Does anyone know of who did this and what parts where used ?

jeffw

Re: Duratec in a Fury

Postby jeffw » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:28 am

I'll take that as a no then...

mattf

Postby mattf » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 pm

I don't know anyone who has tried to fit a Duratec in a Fury but I do know that the Duratec can't be used with a Sierra/RS2000 bell housing as the bolt pattern on the engine is different to older Ford engines because it is a Mazda designed engine. Perhaps this is what Chris was refering to? As to who can supply bellhousings, I believe Caterham, Westfield, and Burton Power can supply bell housings to fit a Duratech onto a type 9. I believe these all use a hydraulic clutch. Burton also sell a number of dry sump systems, perhaps it might be worth giving them a call? Or take a trip to the Caterham showroom with a tape measure? :)

Editted to add that you could also try Raceline http://www.raceline.co.uk/ as they seem to do a lot of stuff for the Duratec.
Building a Fury........slowly!

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:27 am

Thanks for the reply. The background to this is I have a friend with a Duratec engined Tiger (on a Type 9 with a Raceline Bellhousing and Sump) who would like a Fury. There was a damaged Spyder Fury up for sale for not a lot of money and we where discussing an engine swap, hence the phone call to Chris regarding engine mounts. The conversation was that they couldn't get a Duratec under the bonnet, for some reason, at the factory but that someone had done it themselves. I did find a Duratec Fury on a website but there was no details with it (http://www.an-racing.com/fisherfury.html). I think the issue is likely to be the filler cap or the general height rather than the length or the gearbox as the Duratec is pretty much the same length wise and gearbox size wise to a Zetec.

mattf

Postby mattf » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:56 pm

I vaguely remembered reading something about there being a lower cam cover available from somewhere....so I did a quick search on blatchat and found this;

http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=158239

Hopefully thers something useful there.
Building a Fury........slowly!

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”