New seats

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
gixermark
Name: mark crawford

Re: New seats

Postby gixermark » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:15 pm

thanks for taking the time to post the pics etc John..... I think i may well try the seat pour option first....

ponder....................

Strikerxe
Name: John Richards

Postby Strikerxe » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:40 am

gixermark wrote:thanks for taking the time to post the pics etc John..... I think i may well try the seat pour option first....

ponder....................

No problem

If you're still tempted by the fibreglass seat route and you can't find someone local to you with the same seats it might be worth giving JK Composites a ring , when I spoke to them , they couldn't have been more helpful and said if I didn't like the seats to send them back for a full refund .

John

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Postby petercoll » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Just following this up. Having done a few more miles in my new seats (JK Composites), I have found them surprisingly comfortable, and much more supportive.
I do find that I need more support in the small of my back though, so I have started looking for foam/rubber pads that I can stick in place.
Can anyone recommend anything ?

Thanks,

Pete

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:18 pm

I got some "carry mat" from a camping shop and cut pads from that. I could probably do with packing out the one in the lower back area. I've done some long runs (Manchester - Laon) and found them a lot more comfortable than might be expected.

adrian

petercoll

Postby petercoll » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Thanks Ade,

That's the inspiration/idea I was looking for.

Pete

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Of course I had to go to dozens of camping shops before I found the right colour! :roll:

adrian

Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

Postby Ian Kelly » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:45 am

petercoll wrote:Just following this up. Having done a few more miles in my new seats (JK Composites), I have found them surprisingly comfortable, and much more supportive.
I do find that I need more support in the small of my back though, so I have started looking for foam/rubber pads that I can stick in place.
Can anyone recommend anything ?

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I have the same JK seats, and mine came with shaped foam pads designed to be stuck onto the seats - one for each seat base and 2 for each seat back. I've never used them, if you want to try them out i can post them to you, they're light!

Ian

petercoll

Postby petercoll » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Ian,

Are they vinyl covered ?

Pete

john.rigby247
Name: John Rigby

Postby john.rigby247 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi John
I may have missed it but could you tell he which model of JK seats you've got or could you measure the width at the base, legs and shoulder areas? The seats you have look perfect!
Cheers

Strikerxe wrote:
gixermark wrote:pics woudl be good mate... also what size (oh er) you are roughly - i.e. waist... rough build size etc...

my car is 95% for racing only... and am just toying with whether to just go foam seat pour or one of these...

Hopefully they'll be three photos attached :) I've taken one of each of the front edges to show how much ( or little ! ) clearance there is between seat and chassis and one also of the seat back . I can take some from a different angle if you want ?

I'm about 5' 11" and 11 1/2 stone with a 32" waist ( feels like I'm getting a suit made :shock: :lol: )

HTH, anything else give me a shout

John

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:42 am

Holy thread resurrection :lol:

does this help

http://www.jkcomposites.com/wp-content/ ... -seats.jpg

i bought some and they cut the top off
I have a mate that bought some and they cut the sides down, so they are fairly flexible on what they can do.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”