For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Re: New seats

Postby petercoll » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:15 pm

Maverick440 wrote:Looks good Pete.
Do they also come in leather............................ :lol:

Sadly not Mark.
But I do need a bit of something to stop my feet slipping on the ali floor - got any deep pile Wilton offcuts lying around :mrgreen:

Pete

Maverick440
Name: Mark Taylor

Postby Maverick440 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Might have Pete, mind you I prefer the lamswool rugs, they keep your feet nice and warm in the winter........................... :lol:

gixermark
Name: mark crawford

Postby gixermark » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Guys,

within the JK composites website - are those seats the 'striker' ones listed ??

the measurements for the 'striker' seat seen VERY narrow at 35cm wide... when i measure the car it looks like i have say 39cm at widest point..

IF they are the 35cm 'striker' seat - is the 35cm at the leading edge of teh seat - where you bolt it to the floor nearest teh pedals ? what is the width at teh hips/ass end ?? they must be DAMN tight !!

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Postby petercoll » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Is your car a live axle or IRS Striker - they are different.
I can measure the seats as you describe, but I don't think you want these seats if your car is IRS.

Yes, they are "snug" :mrgreen:

Pete

gixermark wrote:Hi Guys,

within the JK composites website - are those seats the 'striker' ones listed ??

the measurements for the 'striker' seat seen VERY narrow at 35cm wide... when i measure the car it looks like i have say 39cm at widest point..

IF they are the 35cm 'striker' seat - is the 35cm at the leading edge of teh seat - where you bolt it to the floor nearest teh pedals ? what is the width at teh hips/ass end ?? they must be DAMN tight !!

gixermark

Postby gixermark » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:44 pm

its an IRS TR lowered Race chassis...

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:19 pm

My understanding is the IRS cars are wider than the Live Axle cars....

Strikerxe
Name: John Richards

Postby Strikerxe » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:17 pm

I've got these seats in my IRS Striker , I'm not sure how much the width of the live and IRS cars varies but there is not enough room in mine to fit a wider seat :(

I can take photos or measurements if that helps anyone .

Pete's right they are snug :mrgreen: although I did a 120 mile round trip last year with a 16 stone mate in the passenger seat and he didn't complain ( mind you I did have my ear plus in :lol: )

gixermark

Postby gixermark » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:16 pm

pics woudl be good mate... also what size (oh er) you are roughly - i.e. waist... rough build size etc...

my car is 95% for racing only... and am just toying with whether to just go foam seat pour or one of these...

Strikerxe
Name: John Richards

Postby Strikerxe » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:50 pm

gixermark wrote:pics woudl be good mate... also what size (oh er) you are roughly - i.e. waist... rough build size etc...

my car is 95% for racing only... and am just toying with whether to just go foam seat pour or one of these...

Hopefully they'll be three photos attached :) I've taken one of each of the front edges to show how much ( or little ! ) clearance there is between seat and chassis and one also of the seat back . I can take some from a different angle if you want ?

I'm about 5' 11" and 11 1/2 stone with a 32" waist ( feels like I'm getting a suit made :shock: :lol: )

HTH, anything else give me a shout

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Werner Van Loock
Name: Werner Van Loock

Postby Werner Van Loock » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:24 pm

I've got the same seats, but I'm 6'2" and 16 stone but had to widen the butt area as I'm too wide, just put a reverse bar clamp near the lower belt holes and heated the area around to fixate it

It more comes down to the fact that I'm not built for a striker, but I don't like any others. :D

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”