New Sports Car Name Suggestions ?

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: New Sports Car Name Suggestions ?

Postby jeffw » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:03 am

I also dropped Jeremy an email regarding the name. To be honest I think we are making too big a thing about it. The poor bloke has had to come up with a new name at short notice and do so in a way not to have any further lawyers letters. As he said in his email back to me this has caused him sleepless nights. He suggested if we didn't like the name we could register it as anything we liked really, I get the impression he just wants to get on designing and building cars.

So Shindig it is......get over it and admire the great car that it surely is.

Spectre 3
Name: Richard Claydon

Postby Spectre 3 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:11 am

jeffw wrote:So Shindig it is......get over it and admire the great car that it surely is.

Absolutely!!

Rich
When you're in it up to your neck - keep your mouth shut!

Spectre 3

Postby Spectre 3 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 am

Latest news it's been renamed to

JP 15 Shindig

http://www.sylva.co.uk/jp-15.html

Rich

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:26 am

Sylva JP15 works....bit like the Honda HRV Joy Machine which Honda UK refer to as Honda HRV

Spectre 3

Postby Spectre 3 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:39 am

Have just spoken to Jeremy and he's quite upset by some of the feedback he's had. He's been under considerable pressure since the legal stuff kicked off and has also had some unpleasant emails from others about his choice of name.

He's a genuinely nice guy and very sensitive to the views of others. Please be a little considerate if you're going to get in touch with him and try to understand how he's feeling right now. The last thing we want is for him to pack it all in and sell up!

Cheers

Rich

ChrisSpectre
Name: Chris King

Postby ChrisSpectre » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:56 am

Rich you were bang on earlier with your comments about why we are interested in Sylva cars.

Its the performance, pedigree and looks that interest us. No-one buys a kit car because it has a great name.

In my very humble opinion some numbered system would be best as it's so neutral, JP15 sounds great to me.

So many other car manufacturers do this withour putting buyers off. Porsche even delight in giving each car at least two numbers (the 997 911 for example).

beemer
Name: Tony lans

Postby beemer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:02 am

I think the point here is that the car is fantastic but as has been said don't under estimate the "what's in a name"

When it comes to marketing a company or product the name is probably the single most important thing to get right as it generates the image and feel.

Whilst I am sure no one is questioning Jeremy's design skills maybe he is too stressed to see the "wood for the tree's" as general opinion seems to be that the name choice of Shindig is not sitting harmoniously with the Sylva fellowship.

Whats the rush to rename?

Spectre 3

Postby Spectre 3 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:04 am

Jeremy knows believe me!! Have just had that conversation and I'm not the first. Think you'll find that JP-15 will stick.

You're absolutely right about the name being important. From a marketing point of view it's one of the biggest decisions a manufacturer makes and one of the key aspects is appealing to the target customer.

The point I was trying to make was that most of us will buy the car because of what it is and who's produced it. That's the type of people we are. Those with an interest in component cars that buy because of the badge or name tend to go for a Caterham etc.

I do know that of all the cars JP's produced the JP-15 has raised the most interest in the shortest amount of time (even before the naming game :lol: ) Let's hope it's a success for him.

If anyone's in my area (NW London/MIddlesex) and they want a closer look at the car let me know? You're more than welcome and I'll even make you a cuppa!!

Finally vocal is good! That's what forums are about.

Cheers

Rich

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:08 pm

Spectre 3 wrote:Have just spoken to Jeremy and he's quite upset by some of the feedback he's had. He's been under considerable pressure since the legal stuff kicked off and has also had some unpleasant emails from others about his choice of name.

He's a genuinely nice guy and very sensitive to the views of others. Please be a little considerate if you're going to get in touch with him and try to understand how he's feeling right now. The last thing we want is for him to pack it all in and sell up!

Cheers

Rich

Rich,
Please can you forward any such emails to the JPSC please, this is out of order!
Edward Berresford
JPSC Membership Secretary.

Spectre 3

Postby Spectre 3 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Ed can you PM me?

Rich

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”